WEP

Page 2 - Forum discussion tagged with WEP.
  1. zerGoot

    No signal on Monitor

    Hi! So my pc has been working sooo good nowadays,but not,it wont even start. When I start my pc,monitor gives me no signal error message,and thats all...I hear the fans spinning but monitor turns off -.- I tried DVI/HDMI port,none of them works...
  2. A

    psu voltage /brand

    I'm building a PC and i was wondering what watt psu would i need and what would be the best brand or model / reasonably priced psu CPU :intel i5 4670k (haswell) LGA 1150 motherboard: MSI Z87 G45 lga 1150 memory:Corsair vengence cl (8GB)4GB x 2 1600mhz GPU: msi gefore gtx 760 2048 mb...
  3. D

    Windows not genuine in RH bottom corer does not go w=away after going thru fix cmd and slmrg-rearm anyaone help??

    after trying CMD and SLMGR-REARM prompts it still shows up . Windos on laptop is genuine and used it for 3 years EW
  4. B

    Case fans with speed switch in BIOS?

    I recently picked up a few of these fans for my computer case. They actually have a manual speed switch on them which varies how fast they go. My question is if I plug these into the CHA_FAN on my motherboard, will I be able to control them via the bios still? I am using an ASUS P8Z77-V LK...
  5. J

    Lexmark X73

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.print_fax (More info?) I unpluged my usb port on my printer, now everytime I start the PC i get a "found new hardware" for the printer even though the printer is working fine. it will bring up the install tool. this just started happening in...
  6. S

    Win XP home product key

    Hi I recently had to re-install my windows XP home SP2! Now windows wont activate for me anymore and none of my key's work!!! Is there anyone that could help me woth that please???? Thanks already for taking your time to read this!! P.S.:Of course I will only use the key once and nothing else!
  7. K

    Gaming Pc 1500$+ dollars! Need suggestions. Am going to buy it on cyber monday.

    [PCPartPicker part list](http://pcpartpicker.com/p/2a5H0) Type|Item|Price :----|:----|:---- **CPU** | [Intel Core i5-3570K 3.4GHz Quad-Core Processor](http://pcpartpicker.com/part/intel-cpu-bx80637i53570k) | $197.99 @ NCIX US **CPU Cooler** | [Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO 82.9 CFM Sleeve...
  8. P

    Service Packs

    I am new here, so don't know if this has already been asked and answered. Does installation of Service Pack 2 require that SP1 be pre-installed? Similarly should SP2 and SP1 be pre-installed before installing SP3?
  9. K

    Language toolbar reappearing...

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.customize,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I right click on the task bar and remove the toolbar called language bar, but after a reboot it is displayed again. How can i make it...
  10. G

    List of all Atari System 1 games?

    Archived from groups: alt.games.mame (More info?) OK, given DireRadiant's recent score of a Roadblasters cab, I've decided to keep an eye out for an Atari System 1 cab in decent shape around in my area. I know there's gotta be a simple way to find this (I'm guessing, though), but, as usual...
  11. G

    Sony pcv-rz10 rx800 number of bits

    is the computer named 32 or 64 bits. I am asking because I cannot get access to download sp 3. Mary
  12. musicmad

    Mac or PC ??

    Hi, Could anyone recommend which platform one should use with regards to being a PC musician, I'm trying to decide between Mac or PC. At current I'm running on Windows XP-SP2 but due to bugs viruses hackers etc, I'm tired of the ongoing issues with a PC. It seems i have to run my antivirus...
  13. G

    what is the 1394 connection ?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) I had the machine into the shop for days. One day I stepped in, and they had something they said was the Internet connection [not the 56k modem] plugged in. I never saw it used, just connected. Thinking about this since all...
  14. N

    Endless Blue-Bar Startup, Randomly

    I'm having an issue with this system: ■Mobo - XFX nForce 610i ■CPU - Intel Pentium D Desktop E2200 ■RAM - PNY 1gb (one DIMM) DDR2 667 ■HDD - 80gb Seagate SATA ■OS - Windows XP Pro This system is a point-of-sale machine, whose sole purpose is to run Peachtree Complete Accounting to access our...
  15. G

    Accessing data in EFS volume

    Hi, I have a laptop whose motherboard just died. It's a fairly old laptop and I would rather get something more up to date than to spend more money on the old one. The problem is that a lot of my personal data on the laptop drive is encrypted using Win XP Pro EFS. Sadly, while I made backups...
  16. V

    Windows XP crashing overnight?

    I wasn't sure exactly where to post this but this seems like the most appropriate place. Ok, so I usually leave my computer running 24/7 and I wake up to find that my computer has apparently crashed sometime during the night. Note that this problem is only occasional though. Sometimes it...
  17. G

    USB FLOPPY = "B" Drive???

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi, USING WIN XP HOME w/all SP2 updates. Dell Dimension 2400 I have a USB SAMSUNG Floppy Drive, and am trying to make a boot disk. All the instructions refer to the "A" drive. Duh? My Floppy shows up as "B". What can...
  18. L

    XP Service Pack 2 - Why so slow ?

    Hi Had to do a reformat (Post below has details) of windows So I have a cd with XP home sp1 and a cd with sp2 So I format, install xp sp1, machine boots up fast, install drivers, etc, machine still fast. Then Install service pack 2, now the machine takes a extra 90 seconds to boot. Is this...
  19. W

    Dual-boot problems - Vista does not recognize XP upon Vista install

    Yesterday I had both Vista and XP installed in a dual-boot config using the Vista bootloader and everything was fine. Tried to play Halo 2 Vista, but would not run (in Vista) even after reinstalls and driver updates, so I decided to reinstall Vista. Boot up the CD, reformat the Vista partition...
  20. T

    Partition problem for dual boot

    I am not sure why I did this... but now I think it is too late. C: 30 meg - For dual boot D: 10 gig for future linux E: 80 gig for WinXP So I installed WinXp on E: But, windows say C: and I think it is also using it... Probably some boot stuff on it... Anyway I can move everything to C after I...
  21. C

    XP is garbage!

    How do you configure internet in XP? I'm used to Windows 2000 and it is so easy. But, as soon as I started XP, there is no internet. I was using a wireless adapter but had to use wired recently. Then I discover there is no connection. Making matters more complicated is that my...
  22. G

    Restrict safe mode boot

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Is there a way to disable pressing the F8 key during XP startup?
  23. S

    Secondary IDE problem... can't find answer anywhere

    Hi everyone, let me first say that I have looked in countless forums for this, but I have ben unable to find the answer. I thank you in advance for any help you can offer. I will list my problem first, and then list what I have tried to rectify the problem, all to no avail :-( Here goes... I...
  24. inspecter71

    is it possible to run a full version of windows 98 on a nvidia 650i

    i need to know if it's possible run windows 98 on a nvidia 650i ultra motherboard?
  25. T

    degraded array "healthy" Hard Drives wont boot Windows

    I am a tech assistant working with scientists with valuable data. In this case, he has a Windows XP machine that is mirrored. when the computer is turned on, it says both hard drives are healthy but that the array is degraded. we have rebuilt the array a few times, with both times saying it...
  26. Da_Banig

    Windowx reads 3gig instead of 4gig RAM

    Hi, I bought a pair of 2gig RAMs. I read a lot about it and googled it as well, it helps me under how it works but I still can not get all 4gigs to work. I have a motherboard that supports 8gig, A cpu that has DEP enabled (PAE enable), enabled memory mapping (BIOS see all 4 gigs). I also tried...
  27. M

    help just got a new computer

    hey guys just got a new computer for chirstmas from i buy power. excited as i am i have no clue how to install windows. i have all my stuff plugged in correctly and when my xp disk is inserted nothing comes up. can anyone help please
  28. R

    Monitor "Out of Range" at native resolution

    Hi, I'm struggling with setting my screen resolution to its native 1440x900 under Windows XP Pro SP2. Every resolution works (blurry) from 800x600 to 1400x1150, but the native one causes an "Out of Range" message to be displayed on and by the screen. I had no such problem while running Vista...
  29. topper743

    Keep XP Pro 32 or go with Vista home 32 or Vista 64?

    Hi All. My problem is this. I have a legal copy of XP Pro (OEM) installed on this computer. The hardware is very dated (about 6yrs, AMD 1800+, AGP 2, PC2100 ram) and I want to upgrade to new stuff. So being a good citizen I called Microsoft and ask the question, "How do I legally install the...
  30. D

    ibm g40

    ibm g40 wnt boot from cd
  31. B

    No sound from laptop speaker and audio jack

    Hello, I removed the internal hard disk of my laptop and put another one, after accessing the data i needed i put the original hard drive back. Since then my laptop has no sound from both the speakers and the audio jack. The sound drivers and every other sound configuration is okay. What could...
  32. G

    Automatic Update and BITS Service

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.security_admin (More info?) Hi Automatic Update is supposed to use BITS when downloading patches. When I look on my XP Professional system the BITS service is set to "Manual". Does Automatic Update start the service when needed or should I set...
  33. D

    How to disable autorun of pen drive in pc xp sp 2

    i goto run->gpedit.msc->computer configuration->administrative templets->system , but in here there is no system option !!! how i disable autorun .
  34. A

    Save Desktop/ Icons....?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) Just Done A KB Article..! i Wish they would warn ya. Display Resolution changed & Icons/positions up the creek..! Not the end of the world I hear you cry, but damn disappointing. sorry for going on. Is it...
  35. S

    Editing Menues

    Hi, I had a question. I installed some photo software a while ago. later, i uninstalled it, but it left these menus on the recycle bin and on the my Computer. When I right click the recycle bin, one of the options on the menu says "Resize Image" For those who are confused, i took a screenshot...
  36. N

    XP Home folder locked?

    Hi guys, I have a system with XP HOME and for some reason the folder "c:\documents and settings\all users\documents" a.k.a. "shared documents" folder. for some odd reason it is locked and i can't access it, delete it, or anything... in "my computer" it doesn't show has "shared documents" but...
  37. M

    Want to sell 1 Crysis 3 Key from Never Settle offer

    I have recently purchased a new HD 7950. With that I got a voucher for Crysis 3 and Bioshock Infinte. I scratched of the ticket and use the code and AMD sent me a key for Crysis 3 witch I don'r want or need. 1 Crysis 3 Key asking 30.00 Paypal.
  38. blade85

    Computer gets stuck at the logon screen.

    Hello Iv only recently been noticing that some times when i start the pc, it just gets stuck at the logon screen.... it says loading...but then none of the names appear. Then when I restart the pc, it either happens again or it works fine. restarting a couple of times usually always makes it...
  39. voiidwulf

    I'm confused about the Crysis storyline.

    I bought Crysis 1 and 2 during the Steam Christmas Sale and I just got around to playing them. I thoroughly enjoyed both and bought Crysis 3 today. I am confused about the storyline and what is going on with the characters though. Perhaps I wasn't paying attention in the cutscenes or something...
  40. S

    Windows Server 2003

    Hi all, We had a power outage about two weeks ago and our server went offline. We did not have a UPS (I know, terrible fault on our part :(). Immediately after the power outage, we began experiencing a problem with our network. Basically, after about an hour of operation, all work stations...