WEP

Page 3 - Forum discussion tagged with WEP.
  1. S

    first boot problem!

    I have a problem with my computer on first start up! When i first boot up my computer in the morning i get the we apologize for the inconvenience, but windows did not start properly....... select ..., and then it highlights ' Start Windows'. When Enter is pressed, the computer boots up Ok!. I...
  2. M

    Is this a good build?

    I would appreciate if you can comment/criticize if this built any good or would you change anything. My budget is around €1000 and with these specs its coming around €900 Case - NZXT Phantom 410 Midi Tower Chassis CPU - Intel Core i5-3570K Box, LGA1155 Motherboard - Gigabyte GA-Z77X-UD4H...
  3. J

    Corrupted My Music Folder

    A few weeks ago I decided to move my music library to my external harddrive since my internal drive was nearly full. I stupidly moved my "My Music" folder, which is labled Julie's Music, to my F drive. At first, iTunes operated fine after I moved my music files, but later it could not find the...
  4. B

    Internet Explorer 7 - How was your experience?

    So far I've had five friends and two clients come calling me for help after Internet Explorer 7 caused problems ranging from IE locking up, to rendering the computer un-bootable. In one case even safe mode would not work. Being ever the cynic I know quite well that spyware and adware is often...
  5. S

    Clearing HDD, Without losing Windows?

    Here is my problem: I recently told my girlfriend's father that i would look at one of his WinXP computers that he has been having problems with. He told me that he would like me to clear everything off the HDD. The problem is that he doesn't have any recover CD's or a copy of Windows XP...
  6. T

    XP PRO X64 Crashes -- winsrv not found

    I recently installed XP X64 on my Core2 Duo machine and have had terrible troubles with crashes after installing SP2 and updates. Microsoft KB885523 discribes the problem, but uninstalling SP2 causes fatal exceptions, and the patch they supply can not be installed on an x64 platform. Aside from...
  7. T

    Windows and key codes

    Hi, i jsut wanted to ask some questions about Windows and the key. Now when i install the windows xp from a cd, you have to put in a cd key, does this have any corralation to the windows key you must input after instalation? Or can i use any windows cd to install and then put in new key...
  8. marshahu

    Video Editing Software for MCE Recorded TV Shows

    I have just transferred a lot of recordings from my Cable PVR Set top Box into MCE, and I also have a lot of recordings with adverts in the middle of them. I have acquired a trial copy of Adobe Premier PRO 1.5 (2 wouldn't install on my AXP rig since it requires SSE 2 support :cry: ) and this...
  9. B

    Data Recovery

    If you set a drive up so that the there are 3 users. Each has a password and the files are private from eachother (ie. One user can't access anothers users my documents or my music). Well lets say the power supply goes out. If you pull the hard drive out to do a data recovery (just pulling...
  10. S

    Strange Error When Installing Messenger

    Very simple, yet complicated to solve :( When i try to install some programs, in this case, MSN Messenger(Ive tried two versions, Live and 7.5, same error in both) This error comes up and i dont know what to do about it. Ive installed other programs fine, some that use the installshield...
  11. P

    azureus...

    I am confused as to why my friend gets 500 kb/s in az and i get on average 40 kb/s??? He did not do any thing special he said, jsut download and go. I have looked online and tried to find out why, but nothing seems to apply. I have a GB either net card, and a decent 939 amd set up. My internet...
  12. G

    Burgertime ROMS needed

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) If anyonehas a known set that is good could you please e-mail them to me. The set i have appears to have a problem. Thanks in advance Jerry CLause dragster_73@hotmail.com
  13. I

    Dual Desktops with Dual Displays

    Right now im running a dual display configuration, and what i want to know is if i can have each desktop stored in seperate folders, so if i want to save a file to the secondary one itll go there instead of the primary one. Anyone know any software thatll let me do this?
  14. W

    Dual Boot Problemo

    Heya, So..I had XP on one hdd and Vista on the other...I found that somehow Vista was making XP games unstable (because they hadn't acted up until I installed Vista). So anyway, I formatted the Vista hdd...now I'm just wondering how one gets rid of the dual boot option that will still come...
  15. J

    Windows XP Slower or Problem?

    I built my first computer with a AMD64 (3000+, 1.8G, Venice) about a year ago and just upgraded to an Intel Core 2 Duo e6400. Well I had a few problems installing Windows, started an install of a wrong disc and it turned out to be one of my Dell CD's so I couldn't finish the install cause it...
  16. S

    New XP Install for offline use. Need Ideas

    I'm building a system for use by my mother. She's going to be using it on dialup internet, and she's somewhat net-iliterate. I want to have it ready to rock and roll for her. Here's what's installed so far Windows XP Home (updated) Microsoft Office XP FFDShow Video Drivers Spy-Bot S&D Hijack...
  17. BruceMyers48

    stop error

    I got a stop error blue screen while I was working. that was the first except for reboot once and a while. I went into the bios right away and the temperatures were not hot. All my fans are working and I just installed 2 gigs of brand new kingston memory. The error said " IRQ_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL...
  18. detpower

    Old HD..New Comp?

    Hello all..I have a question..Can i install my old HD in a new comp setup by installing the OS over the exsisting OS on the HD?the currant OS is on a Dell and my new comp is AMD..the reason i ask is because i dont want to Format then reinstall the OS and Programs..
  19. bourgeoisdude

    I got lucky...and caught yieldmanager red-handed!

    Remember those ads from "ads.yieldmanager.com"? Guess what? I think they had a server glitch today, because they accidentally gave me SOURCE CODE instead of the advertisement. Those of you who believe tracking cookies are harmless, look here! I copied the message verbatem, and have it for you...
  20. G

    Problem with installing Aliens Versus Predator Gold Edition

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.games (More info?) Hi I have a really weird problem with installing old games like Aliens Versus Predator Gold Edition and even new games like Delta Force Black Hawk Down. I don't know why but every time I try the installer for Aliens Versus...
  21. S

    Two operating systems on the same partition?

    I just finished rebuilding my PC and Installed Windows Xp 64 edition since I already had it sitting on my desk. Figured I might as well to compliment the new 64bit CPU. Anyways, everything is running great except for a few 3rd party programs I like to used with a few games. I want to install...
  22. A

    How to move current XP apps settings to a new instalation

    Hi I am upgrading my old Dell to a new AMD based computer system. Having already tried by just plugging in the old hard drive into the new comptuer, my old XP instalation will not boot the new computer. I'll admit that I have yet to use the Files and settings transfer wizard, but is there any...
  23. C

    Problems after formatting

    Recently formatted my pc: Advent T9202 Intel p4 3.4ghz 400gb hdd 1gb ram x600 pro 256 pci-e Gone into mirc and done /sysinfo this is what i have according to it: x86 Family 15 Model 3 Stepping 4 Socket 478 Micro-Star International MS-7046 After formatting i received errors with windows...
  24. R

    Choosing a thermal interface material

    my cpu is an i5-3570k. my cpu cooler is a noctua nh-d14. which TIM would yield the best thermal conductivity for over-clocking? this is my first build. all help is greatly appreciated :)
  25. L

    XP Pro 'Upgrade' version question

    Sorry if this has been asked before. I am planning on building a new computer next week so I had to dig up my old 2002 version of XP Pro. The thing is that it is an Upgrade version. Maybe I'm just stupid, but will I be able to use this to boot up and install Windows or will I have to buy a new...
  26. D

    Disk Cleanup quandary

    I greatly appreciate any help or insight given. I ran Disk Cleanup to cleanup some crap. When I ran it, before loading up the main screen, it locked up saying "Compress Old Files" at the bottom. Now, I quickly exited and later on, tried it again. It still locked up but this time I kept it on...
  27. G

    TS2 Downloads folder question

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) Hi all Autumn (or fall) "down under" at the moment and I am looking forward to a cold winter tucked up inside my little house playing with TS2 EP University. I have been reading the posts and just realised something..... I never originally...
  28. Y

    Grants Problem

    I have the following problem I used to have an installation of xp (ntfs) with a user with administrative rights, I had the hard drive partitioned in c: and d: being c: the xp drive and the d: drive with personal files. I deactivated the simplified share of files so I set the d: drive for full...
  29. Scarchunk

    Windows Genuine Notification BS

    Like alot of people that build their own systems or constantly upgrade and switch out parts, I use a cracked copy of Windows XP on some of my builds. These are my own builds and if someone wants a new PC, the price of a genuine Windows OS is included in the price and they are given the disk. It...
  30. wrestler10307

    Cat5 and cat6

    I am getting a new cat6 cable tomorrow, and have a question about the best place to put it. I have a wireless connection at home, one wired PC attached to the Wireless. What I am looking for is what would be the best place to put this cat6 cable for best performance? I'm assuming put it...
  31. bluntside

    Who took my cookies from the cookie jar??

    I'm on the tgf from school, I've recently have malmware problems w/my cookies, at home. I try logging on to The TGforumz and it says my cookies must be on, so I assum that they are, try loggin in, it says you must restore cookies back to default setting or turn them on. My question is how do I...
  32. D

    Mac, Windows XP, PS3, and Linksys Router disaster

    I have so many networking problems going on in my home network. I don't even know what is causing which problems. In reality, it could be a combination of things from each device. I have a modem connected to a Linksys Router w/ a Linksys Switch attachted to it. Linksys claims the switch should...
  33. sumeshmeena

    Can I Overclock Pentium e2180

    my pc specs are motherboard- intel dg31pr processor- pentium e2180 @2 ghz ram- 1gb ddr2
  34. E

    Static Routing in XP

    Hey there, So I've been considering taking advantage of the fact that my motherboard on my desktop has dual-NICS and my server box has two NICS as well. Rather than just having the one line from each goign to the router (and to the net), I was thinking of setting up a cross-over connection...
  35. G

    File properties in Details view - Windows Explorer.

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) Columns can be set to display chosen properties - but this has do be done for each folder. (Select "More" from menu after R-click in column-headers bar, tick and move required columns). I have tried to "globalise" such a...
  36. llama_man

    Alas, at last I need a reinstall...

    Well, after 14 months without grief, my XP installation is finally borked. Somehow a trojan managed to get past 2 firewalls and Norton 8O and now I can't shift it (Norton and TrendMicro fail to kill it, even in safe mode). Given up and will do a reinstall this weekend. Anyone got any tips on...
  37. T

    Networking problem (filesharing)

    Hi there all. I've got a nasty network rash developing. Here's the setup. We have a Linksys BEFSR81 router (connected to cable internet) with 5-6 computers connected to it. The router has DHCP on so the computers get their ip address from it, the range is 192.168.1.100-108. I have a computer...
  38. T

    can't install drivers for xfi card or onboard audio

    I recently build my own computer with an asus A8R32-mvp crossfire mobo and put an xfi soundcard that i got off ebay into it. Windows installed perfectly, all the updates and drivers for my other hardware installed and are running perfectly. However, i tried installing the drivers for my Xfi card...
  39. P

    Megatouch 6 Problem

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.arcade.collecting (More info?) I have a Megatouch 6, when turned on the screen is a single solid color. Sometime before the play screen would come up but now always stays the solid color and does not respond. Any advise on how to solve this problem.
  40. samir_nayanajaad

    Need some .iso file help.

    I would just like to know if there is any software that can make an .iso file from files on a hdd. I guess like compiling an iso image is what I want without burning anything to disk. I have alcohol 120 and what I want to try out is to put all my music and other files into nice 4.7gb iso or...