WEP

Page 5 - Forum discussion tagged with WEP.
  1. G

    Error when starting computer

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) When I start computer, I get a couple error msgs. One says Error can not find DOCEOC16B1. and the other says cannot find C:/windows/cfgmgr52.dll. and another says cannot find MMC81. I dont have the Windows XP...
  2. G

    Help with Dual boot WIN2000

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.win2000.general,microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I have two hardrives, Hardrive 1 has win2000 and hardrive2 has XP. During bootup I am given a choice to select either WIN2000 or XP. My WIN2000 hardrive crashed and so I formated and...
  3. G

    RAID 0 and Defrag

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) From what I understand, in a RAID 0 configuration, files are written over 2 separate disk. Isn't defragging defeating this purpose by placing files together again? shaka
  4. G

    N64 Memory cartridge management

    Archived from groups: rec.games.video.nintendo (More info?) Hi, does anyone know of a game or a utility product that allows you to manage your N64 memory cards (deleting entries, copying entries, etc.)? I know there was some sort of device that hooked up to your PC, but I would prefer to leave...
  5. G

    Can't turn on fast user switching

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.configuration_manage (More info?) I have a new Dell laptop (inspiron 9200) with 1 GB of RAM running XP Pro. I cannot turn on fast user switching. When I turn it on, either using the check box in the Users control panel applet under "login" or...
  6. G

    Problem deleting files

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) Hi I recently installed windows xp sp2 on a new computer. I also installed drivers for the motherboard and graphic cards. Other than that I copied files to this computer, but installed nothing more (so far). The problem I...
  7. G

    Shortcut for sound

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I would like a shortcut for Sounds and Audio Device Properties to place on either the launch pad or system tray. I can make a short cut for the LaunchPad if I was told which application brings up the properties. Regards...
  8. G

    DVD MULTI-R DRIVER

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.hardware (More info?) Hi guys. My Toshiba Satellite P20 Notebook strangely stopped reading DVDs/CDs this morning. It was fine last night, when I downloaded a demo version of Nero, but this morning it's like the drive has just totally died. I've...
  9. R

    Windows Messenger in Notification Area of Taskbar

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.messenger (More info?) I have WM set to start up automatically when Windows starts. While Windows was loading I would see WM icon in the Notification Area (NA) signing in where it would then remain. A couple of day ago it stopped loading the...
  10. G

    IE 6 Fault

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) whenever I use MSN Messenger 7.5 to launch my IE6 to read Hotmail, it closes immediately, otherwise, it functions normally if I launch it directly from the taskbar. Faulting application iexplore.exe, version 6.0.2800.1106...
  11. J

    Outlook Express

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) MS OE seems to have disappeared from the taskbar, desktop and Start--> Programs on my computer. Can someone please help me get it back?
  12. G

    Waiting for res://ieframe.dll dnserrordiagoff.htm

    Hi I am no longer able to connect wireless, only wired. When i try to connect wireless i get the above error message in the lower left hand corner of the web page then page cannot be displayed. the other laptops in my house still connect wireless with no problem. Help please. Running win xp...
  13. G

    other user seeing things I install as administaror-auto st..

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.basics (More info?) I am the administrator on my computer. When I install things they also install and auto start on other users accounts. I have a vpn set up for work and have downloaded some software for work. But its now showing up on the...
  14. G

    kernel_data_inpage_error

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) I purchased a new hard drive. Seagate 200 gb. The cables are on correctly. I am now trying to load xp and I am receiving an error. Error reads: kernel_data_inpage_error. It further displays: Stop: 0x0000007a...
  15. G

    a n n o y i n g b u b b l e

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) when you click on the start button a pop up appears saying 'there is not enough space on the start menu to show all the items, unpin some items etcetc'. i unpin some items but it still pops up and is very annoying...
  16. G

    display seconds in sys tray clock

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) How do I make WinXP Pro's System Tray Clock display seconds in addition to hours and minutes at all times... permanently (without having to double click it)?