Windows 95

Page 4 - Forum discussion tagged with Windows 95.
  1. H

    Moved partitions - unable to boot Windows 7

    G'day, I've done something I probably shouldn't and ended up in a tight spot. If someone can lend a hand it would be appreciated. I have an Acer Aspire 1810TZ with Windows 7 Home Premium 64-bit. The HDD is 160GB. Yesterday I moved (without resizing!) both the 100MB system reserved partition...
  2. F

    my laptop fell down while running. it is not starting up. oxc00000e9 status. I/O error

    Hi everyone. I was working on my ASUS laptop and it fell down. nothing on the outside seems to be broken. now every time I start up i end up with the same problem, a black page written on it " windows encountered a problem communicating with a device connected to your computer. status...
  3. N

    Windows 7 oem limitations 64 bit

    i was wondering if the student version of windows 7 oem has any limitations for gaming. all i want to do is play wow and dIII when it comes out. im interested to know if this oem limits the capability or pushiblity of a system ie oc'ing cpu/memory.
  4. A

    Windows Ultimate

    Hello, Did Windows slow down my laptop? is to Slow and wasn't! How take out?
  5. G

    How to setup Homegroup over Wi-Fi

    hey all, i have 2 pcs at home. 1 my new comp and 2nd m old lappy both windows 7 ultimate. i have a binatone dt845w - wifi modem due to some conditions i cant connect any of them with wire 1)so my question is how i set homegroup ? 2)can i transfer any file over it ? 3)can i install windows 7...
  6. C

    A new online Nethack-based Novel!

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) Hey all! (waves) I'm starting a new Nethack-based novel that will be available for free on the internet. A new chapter of this novel will be uploaded each week-end until the story is finished. I don't really want to say too much...
  7. killamaker11

    New Sandy Bridge PC, need help deciding on parts.

    Okay, So I play higher end games and I have a 2000$ budget at MAX for parts. Games I play include "All source games, Call of Duty, Crysis, Just Cause 2, Red Faction Guerilla, Left 4 Dead 2, Medal of Honor etc" Here is the wishlist I chose so for parts...
  8. D

    My XP computer wont connect to my flatscreen

    Hey there, i have an old computer and a new flatscreen, the flatscreen has hdmi and usb and nothing else, so i use a VDI stick for my computer and it converts into a HDMI, it works when i start up the computer, then when i need to type the password for my computer it doesent work anymore and...
  9. M

    Win 7 shutdown

    Hello, when i click shut down in start minue, screen just comes blanck and system dose not shut down.it will take 15 min then will be start
  10. amuffin

    Reinstalling OEM version of windows 7?

    Is there anyway of reinstalling the oem version of windows 7 without the disk??? I have the code on the side of a lenovo computer, but is there anyway to do it?
  11. A

    Blue Screen of Death

    I have been getting blue screens a lot in the last few days on my computer: Windows 7 Home Premium 64 Bit Dell Inspiron 545 Pentium Dual Core ES400 @ 2.70ghz RAM 6 GB Recently when I login to windows and sometimes its right when im in the middle of work. I have run Ad-aware, Kasperky, Ccleaner...
  12. 1

    Choosing between two budget Asus monitors!!

    Hello, I'm not sure which one I should go for. Here are the links to the two: Asus VS229H-P 22-Inch-Class (21.5") LED Monitor - http://www.amazon.com/Asus-VS229H-P-22-Inch-Class-21-5-Monitor/dp/tech-data/B005S0XYKK/ref=de_a_smtd or ASUS VH238H 23-Inch 1080P LED Monitor with Integrated Speakers-...
  13. R

    How can I offload pictures from a digital camera to a flash drive?

    I am traveling six months with no PC. Is there a way to download pictures from my digital camera directly to a flash drive?
  14. Z

    Hitachi laptop hard derve paword

    hello! i have hiachi laptop hard drive when i turn on the computer so give password message please help Me and thanx in advance
  15. M

    Download ms-dos edit com in 64 bit windows

    i want to download ms dos edit com in 64 bit windowws
  16. G

    Wireless network

    Hello, how to get the driver for VGN cs windows7 wireless network
  17. M

    What CPU, mobo and RAM should I get?

    Hi guys, I have old Pentium D930 with Intel mobo D955XBK, 2G of OCZ RAM @ 667MHz, X275GTX OC, Raptor HD, and a 700W PSU - To play Battlefield BC2 game... Do you think upgrading CPU, mobo and RAM would make huge difference? Right now I can play the game with all settings set to low at 780x640...
  18. G

    Iternet connect & disconnectproble

    Hello,
  19. B

    Wan to usb adaptor

    Hello, I have a Vikosmo wireless router,100RTg. Is there an adaptor I can use to plug into the WAN port so I can plug in my USB air card. And will it in fact work. Thx. Bo T.
  20. J

    Motherboard battery

    Hello, Why do some motherboards have batteries on it? For which component of the motherboard are they? Do I have to replace it after some time? Would the motherboard work without a battery without any problems? Thank you.
  21. G

    got it

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) 2 days early, but half the shops that sell computer games have it already. However, it's still wrapped and I can't install or play untill I finished the "Death of a Salesman" short essay. Bianca
  22. A

    SBRTooth Z77/No GPU - Dual Displays?

    I am currently running Intel HD 4000 graphics via the Intel i5-3570k Ivy Bridge CPU on an Asus Sabretooth Z77 MoBo. Therefore, I only have an HDMI and a Display Port coming from the MoBo. I currently have the HDMI port feeding my Samsung LED S23B550 running at 1920x1080 as my main display...
  23. J

    System repair

    Hello,i despritly need to know how to bring back to factory setting,and every one says you need a disk,but my cpu/pc dident come with any disk.infact i have done system repair many time before but it just wont work aymore plz help :[.
  24. R

    Disabling XP start-up programs, How do you do it ?

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Could anyone explain to me how to turnoff programs in XP that automatically start when you boot the computer. Older versions of Windows allowed for this in an easy way. I can find the list of programs that automatically...
  25. G

    University: Portable device problem

    Archived from groups: alt.games.the-sims (More info?) Is anyone else having a problem with these things dissappearing? Yesterday one of my sims suddenly no longer had his cell, and just now a woman no longer had her handheld.
  26. 7

    Laptop has black screen

    Hello, Emergency, can you help me ?
  27. J

    Random BSOD

    Hello everyone, I have come by the community when I come across issues where my knowledge is lacking and so far the experience has been well. I am trying to figure out a problem to a blue screen in which is occurring on a system I recently built. This problem only started to occur in the past...
  28. G

    Wishing before Hell

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) So, I'm almost ready for entering Hell for the first time and have a wand of wishing 1:2. I'm wondering if I'm prepared enough or if I should burn a few wish right now (and for what). If you professionnal ascender have any clue...
  29. J

    SCANNING USING HP F4500 ALL IN ONE PRINTER AND WINDOWS 7

    I CANT GET MY PRINTER (HP F4500) TO SCAN A DOCUMENT TO MY DELL LAPTOP WITH WINDOWS 7 ANY IDEAS
  30. G

    Lime Wire Installation

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.perform_maintain (More info?) Hello I have been using Lime Wire, and up until yesterday, have not had a problem with it, then it has gotten where when I log off and log back on again, all lists of searches I was doing has vanished. Previously...
  31. G

    YANI: Farming in [s]lashem (And I DON'T mean puddings)

    Archived from groups: rec.games.roguelike.nethack (More info?) YANI: Farming in [s]lashem (And I DON'T mean puddings) Since slashem has implemented cows, sheep, goats and other farm animals, it seems to me that players should be able to farm them. There were suggestions in another thread...
  32. M

    Vista 7 and office 97 with 2002 upgrade

    I need to purchase a new computer and I see they all come with Vista 7 Will my office 97 with the Office XP 2002 upgrade load and work properly. I understand I can upgrade the computer to Windows Pro which adds XP to the computer, but the cost of that upgrade is lmore than Offfice 2010 Also...
  33. E

    [Hardware Issue] New Rig - Plethora of problems

    [No message]
  34. G

    windows 7 x86 vs windows 7x64

    Up until about 5 months ago I had windows 7x86 on my laptop. A friend convinced me that my laptop would run smoother on 64 bit, and that photoshop would work faster. The problem is that since I switched to 64 my graphics card score dropped from 5.4 to 4.1 (that's 1.3 points). Another issue would...
  35. N

    3ds Max & Maya Render Machine

    Hi, I am trying to be a small freelancer, yet not started but trying to get the workstation first and think to start side by side during my studies. Can you please help me with the Best system for 3ds max and Maya Rendering within Budget is $1200 ? Awaiting your reply.
  36. D

    Umax astra 4100 driver for windows 7 64 bits

    Hello,
  37. G

    Computer doesn't recognize mp3/wma tags

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.help_and_support (More info?) For some odd reason my computer stopped being able to read mp3/wma tags. They wont even show up when i right click and check properties. Is there any way to fix this problem? -- masterxchief
  38. G

    Slow start and freeze

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.newusers (More info?) Hello all, I am still having problems with start up and freezing and closing down of system. I have XP with firewall and Norton. I have checked for viruses and ad ware, No virus found, just a few track ffiles found with...
  39. G

    Taskbar with "run"

    Archived from groups: microsoft.public.windowsxp.general (More info?) I saw on a Microsoft seminar that you can have the run shell right on the taskbar, so if you want to, you can type "cmd" right there instead of opening the start menu and click on the run entry. Anyone knows how to do that?
  40. I

    How to disconnect my computer from work server if i am not the administrator

    I have been fired from my position and my computer is still set up on work server but my administrator rights have been removed. i am unable to download programs and my wireless is now not working. was told i need to have the administrator pass word to fix this problem, but i am locked out of my...