[SOLVED] 100% cpu usage upon game launch

Status
Not open for further replies.
May 28, 2020
Every time I launch some games it shows in the task manager its is using 100% of my CPU even tho there is nothing listed using there using 100 percent. I have to wait like 10 min for it to stop and return to normal. I've noticed it has only been happening to games that use EAC (Easy Anti-Cheat) so far. So it has been happening to these games upon launch: Squad, Insurgency Sandstorm, Rising Storm 2, and Halo: The Master Chief Collection. Could it have to do with the Anti Malware service executable? Since it spikes in usage during these periods.

CPU: I7-7700k

View: https://imgur.com/CK1NpHL

Last edited:
Just from that one picture shows 79% of the cpu being used, your background cpu use is very high and the anti malware should never consume 18%. The antimalware process is supposedly windows defender, there are methods that you can search to reduce cpu usage for windows defender. Though the best thing, imo, is to simply get an actual antivirus program such as avast, bitdefender, avg, etc. The av program will disable defender.

The snipping tool is just you taking a screenshot, but if it's always using that much, I'd disable that as well under services.msc

Otherwise, go through the tasks and disable things you aren't using like cortana, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRENDING THREADS