Question 100% load on all cores with WMI Provider Host

Status
Not open for further replies.

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
Guys I am having a problem I don't know how to solve. I searched the internet and all guides for the identical problem are Not working in my case. For some reason, all of my 9900K OC cores are running @ 100% all the time. I don't see this in system performance or games. The system is running smooth, games are running smooth and the only reason I see it's running @ 100% is hwmonitor and temps. We're on stable 70+ all the time.

I need help. I tried safe mode+networking ... same problem cores are running wild. I tried to disable and mess with WMI in services, no help. I tried to disable all startup programs, no luck.

I really running on fumes here because I really bummed out about I can't find the problem. See games are running just fine I see no slowdowns at all, the system is running great so I don't "feel" slowdown but according to temps + task managers, it's there. The very first screenshot is when the system just started, and as you can see right away all cores go to 100% and stay there. Other than reinstalling the whole damn thing I don't know what to do. Also, it's very possible that it happened when I switched to 1903.

Any ideas will be great. IF you want me to run something and give you logs, just ask. Specs in the signature.

While I was writing this I realized I have Ubuntu installed as a secondary system that I haven't looked at how does CPU looks in there, but anything short of messed up OC or CMOS it'll be just fine. I will report on Linux when able.

I really hate to reset the whole thing, and would Really appreciate any help. And I really tried a lot of things already so the solution could be in m,y face and I simply don't see it.

You're great all, have a great Saturday!

As I thought, all good in Linux.

Last edited:

XAKEP

Distinguished
Dec 16, 2008
In msconfig I disabled all startup items and ALL non-microsoft services. Same thing, no changes. But when I disabled Microsoft services, only then it changed, no more 100% core load. Because there are so many MS services I kinda stuck on what to do. I tried to disable WMI services, still, the same thing happening. So as of right now, I do know it's an MS service but I don't know which one.

Colif

Win 11 Master
IN resource manager, you can click on the average CPU header to sort by most used

Download Process explorer and run it as admin (it comes from Microsoft so its safe)

the default view is tree structure meaning like your task manager screen, it will show what processes are under each service, but unlike task manager, it shows the CPU usage of each part so you can see what is using it.

I normally suggest this for ram usage but should help here. Its more informative than task manager

This page shows what all the colours and headings mean, link at bottom of it shows how to use it to find problems. You can right click headers and run an av scan from within the program.

this might help you troiubleshoot the problem - https://www.howtogeek.com/332838/wh...wmiprvse.exe-and-why-is-it-using-so-much-cpu/

Status
Not open for further replies.