[SOLVED] 1060 6gb sc, screen goes black when I play rust but I can still hear discord

Sep 5, 2019
I’ve just built a new pc using my old psu which is 500w, I’m assuming it may be what’s causing my gpu to black screen and the fan speed to go to 100%.

The gpu has worked fine until now because it is also from my old rig so I doubt it’s overheating or anything like that, just wondering if you guys could recommend anything or if I should just get a new Corsair 550w power supply.

Specs:
Evga 1060 6gb sc (the small one)
Aerocool 500w psu
16 gb ram
Ryzen 2600
Gigabyte b450m

Solution
PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Change and replace that PSU. I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W...
You are using a very CHEAP low-end quality PSU. Aerocool PSUs should be avoided like a plague. I think there is one model which is a bit OK, but I still won't use AEROCOOL PSU on any Gaming PC.

I won't advice you to use this PSU any further on that GPU., and your PC.

PSU is the last component you might want to cheap out on, or skimp.

Try to get some other high quality PSU, IF possible. Power supplies are an imperative part of your system that should not be taken lightly. Throwing in a budget PSU could result in poor power efficiency or even a wrecked system. Don't SKIMP on the PSU,, since this is the MOST important PC component. I can't stress this enough.

Change and replace that PSU. I would recommend you to get the following PSU models and brands. These are high quality units. Look for similar SKUs.

SEASONIC PRIME, and Prime Ultra, or FOCUS Plus GOLD, Focus Plus Platinum.

CORSAIR AXi, RMi, RMx 550/650W, SF, HX 2017, HXi.

FSP - Hydro PTM 550/650W.

Cooler Master - MasterWatt Maker MiJ, V series 550/650W.

Antec - High Current Pro, High Current Platinum, Earthwatts Pro Gold, HCG Gold.

Super Flower - Leadex Gold II.

be Quiet! - Dark Power Pro 11, Straight Power 11, Dark Power Pro P10.

EVGA -Supernova.

Solution
Sep 5, 2019
Ah alright thank you, I previously had a supernova 650w power supply but for some reason when I plugged it into my old system before my upgrade to ryzen it set my back then new ssd and hdd on fire 😂 I think I’ll just buy this Corsair vs 550w I’ve found on sale for £40

Sep 5, 2019
Ah alright thank you, I previously had a supernova 650w power supply but for some reason when I plugged it into my old system before my upgrade to ryzen it set my back then new ssd and hdd on fire 😂 I think I’ll just buy this Corsair vs 550w I’ve found on sale for £40
550 w should be enough to run my system if I’m also planning on overclocking my cpu and ram a little? I’ve got 6 case fans, an ssd ,7200 rpm hdd

Yeah, a HIGH quality 550 Watts PSU might easily work, but for some extra headroom, for future upgrades and OC, you can grab a slightly higher Wattage PSU as well.

What's your budget for the power supply ? Do not buy the Corsair VS model though.

Last edited: