Question 1080 ti fps gets cut in half after gaming for awhile

MCS_870

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
Hi guys,
I've noticed that when after a few hours of gaming that my frames will drop about in half and the gpu usage will get pinned at 99-98% constantly. For example in rust they'll drop from 100 to 30 and COD they go from 120 to 50. I am only able to fix it by restarting my computer. I'm pretty sure it's my gpu because I just swapped my mobo and cpu and the problem is still occurring. The gpu is the evga 1080 ti sc2 and it's not overclocked. I've tried reinstalling and using other drivers but it didn't help.

about a year and I will contact evga to see if my warrenty is still good if needed. My motherboard is the z390 auros master and my psu is the evga 750 gq
As you already worked on the drivers i think last thing to do is contacting vendor and see if there's fault in your card. Most of the time this could be the GPU but better if you can put it else where and see if the same problem coming. so that you can make sure your MB working fine before actually send the card. I would say one last attempt let's completely remove the drivers with DDU this time and reinstall. No need if you've done it like that.

MCS_870

Prominent
Jun 17, 2018
As you already worked on the drivers i think last thing to do is contacting vendor and see if there's fault in your card. Most of the time this could be the GPU but better if you can put it else where and see if the same problem coming. so that you can make sure your MB working fine before actually send the card. I would say one last attempt let's completely remove the drivers with DDU this time and reinstall. No need if you've done it like that.
The problem occurs with my other mobo and cpu as well and I have tried DDU. I think I'm going to contact evga and hope they can do something.