Status
Not open for further replies.

MCUBAC08

Prominent
Feb 21, 2020
Hello Everyone,
I was hoping that someone could tell me what to buy in order to connect 2 monitors to 2 computers.
KVM Switches work when it is 1 monitor for 2 computers, but I don't know how to make it work when I have 2 monitors. I was thinking to purchase a VGA Splitter (I only have VGA, DVI, and DP in my monitors), but I just read that VGA Splitters do not extended the graphics, it just duplicates it.

This is my setup (both Desktop and Laptop use Windows 10)
  1. Desktop has 1 VGA and DVI Port
  2. Laptop with Dock station has 2 display ports.
My first idea was to get the VGA Splitter for both of my monitors, and connect them to my KVM Switch, but now that I know VGA Splitters do not extended the graphics, it just duplicates it, i am back to Zero.

Please could someone help me? I dont mind if you put Amazong devices in the comments.
Thank you!

Jan 9, 2022

I had similiar question. 8 port KVMs to use extended displays which I have no issues with and in previous thread I got good 4 port KVMs for extended displays that my 7 pcs support. The only thing is my 2 monitors I need to switch them to which 4 port KVM I am using and I can use what u posted and just don't use KB/mouse and it works fine, so essentially 2 KVMS and then another KVM lol. What am I supposed to do with 7 pcs? At least I got 19 in telco rack and like 50 Tb hdd :)

If this would work fine with 2 4 port KVMs to switch the monitors only just let me know, thanks!

Doug

Status
Not open for further replies.