[SOLVED] 2 Windows folders.

Oct 31, 2020
Hello and sorry if this might be worded a little poorly.

So i recently re-installed windows, I didn't save anything on my C drive, I kept all my games on my D.

C: has 460 Gigs total [HDD]
E: has 464 gigs total [HDD]
I formated C completely, installed windows on C: but and that was that but when I opened my computer I seemed to find this [picture] I have all these files I had on my other drive but on my E now,
Capture_172.png

So I'm not really sure If it's ok to delete this or... Because my windows install is on C which has nothing but windows install and the drivers.

Because I don't want to have that space being used for nothing.

It would mean the world to me if someone could respond to my threat <3 thanks

~Kevin

Solution
Oh, the pitfalls of having 2 mostly viable Windows installs.

Rarely a good idea.
Well I fixed everything by saving most my important files to the cloud and removing and formatting both my drives and installing windows in C: and now im updating! Thanks for being here for me anyways! I will deffinetly recommend this site if anyone has any issues!

Edit: (important files =drivers and stuff i didnt want to bother downloading again like my songs folder for a game i play)
Bootloader is on drive with partition E: .
If you remove this drive, system will not boot anymore.

Why did you create partition D: . It's 5GB of wasted space.

Yes, you can delete folders on E:
\Windows​
\Windows.old​
\Program Files​
]Program Files (x86)​
\ProgramData​
This will free up some space.

Colif

Win 11 Master
well, he did say he uses D for games.

Isn't easiest way to remove windows folder to rename it windows.old?
shouldn't he run disk cleanup on E, remove old windows installs which will wipe his current windows.old folder.
rename windows to windows.old
re run disk cleanup again

Smart idea is copy/paste anything on E he wants to keep onto D and format the entire partition

or delete D and make the boot partition on the right drive but you know that :)

Oct 31, 2020
Bootloader is on drive with partition E: .
If you remove this drive, system will not boot anymore.

Why did you create partition D: . It's 5GB of wasted space.

Yes, you can delete folders on E:
\Windows​
\Windows.old​
\Program Files​
]Program Files (x86)​
\ProgramData​
This will free up some space.
Hey man, forgot to actually delete the drive in the windows install then format it again, apperently I had a whole nother windows installed on both drives, the windows on the E was the previous installation of windows,
and wheni had updates today It let me choose which windows to enter and i clicked the wrong one and it brung me to the old install of windows so i deleted both drives formated them and now I'm good!
Time to hasstle with all drivers and remembering everything i had before :3 (mostly the important stuff ill prolly remember to get as im going on

USAFRet

Titan
Hey man, forgot to actually delete the drive in the windows install then format it again, apperently I had a whole nother windows installed on both drives, the windows on the E was the previous installation of windows,
and wheni had updates today It let me choose which windows to enter and i clicked the wrong one and it brung me to the old install of windows so i deleted both drives formated them and now I'm good!
Time to hasstle with all drivers and remembering everything i had before :3 (mostly the important stuff ill prolly remember to get as im going on

Rarely a good idea.

Oct 31, 2020

Rarely a good idea.
Well I fixed everything by saving most my important files to the cloud and removing and formatting both my drives and installing windows in C: and now im updating! Thanks for being here for me anyways! I will deffinetly recommend this site if anyone has any issues!

Edit: (important files =drivers and stuff i didnt want to bother downloading again like my songs folder for a game i play)

Solution

Colif

Win 11 Master
blowing it all away is one way to fix it I guess. I moved from my last install to this one by having all my important stuff on a cloud also. Especially my music.

Having 2 windows 10 installs on same PC is going to lead to confusion like that.