[SOLVED] 2666/2933 memory on 2400 laptop motherboard

Aug 28, 2019
Will the laptop work with (HyperX Impact 16GB 2666/2933 memory) on my laptop (ASUS GL553VE FY022T) that only supports 2400? I want to buy this memory in order to rearrange it later in another laptop , or i just need to put some 2400 memory and not worried?Thank!

Solution
Chances are, if it runs it would be at 2400mhz. I doubt the laptop has bios options or XMP profile settings to allow them to operate.

Also, there's the voltage aspect. The OC'ed DIMMS would require more juice to run. Although that's not really gonna be an issue if the new DIMMS only run at the default 2400mhz.
Chances are, if it runs it would be at 2400mhz. I doubt the laptop has bios options or XMP profile settings to allow them to operate.

Also, there's the voltage aspect. The OC'ed DIMMS would require more juice to run. Although that's not really gonna be an issue if the new DIMMS only run at the default 2400mhz.

Reactions: Radiance80
Solution
Aug 28, 2019

Thanks for the answer , you helped me!

Aug 28, 2019
No problem, you're welcome. Sadly the Asus website, does not tell us the speed of the ram supported, and nor does the Intel site for the HM175 chipset which is in your laptop.

But at least you have a better understanding now.

You reassured me , still, I ordered a memory with a frequency of 2400 (2x16gb kit) since I don’t get more performance than now, since the limit is 2400, but at least this memory has good timings (14-14-14) than I'm sitting on now, (2400 with timings 17-17-39) so that everything would work with guarantee, focusing on the fact that in the future the laptop’s graphics card will be more powerful and the RAM will not affect performance as much as it is now on my laptop, and I’ll just rearrange the bars 32GB to the next laptop, what do you think 32GB 2400 will be enough for the games/3d modeling for the next couple of years , so as not chase the frequency and timings? What do you think I'm doing right?

You reassured me , still, I ordered a memory with a frequency of 2400 (2x16gb kit) since I don’t get more performance than now, since the limit is 2400, but at least this memory has good timings (14-14-14) than I'm sitting on now, (2400 with timings 17-17-39) so that everything would work with guarantee, focusing on the fact that in the future the laptop’s graphics card will be more powerful and the RAM will not affect performance as much as it is now on my laptop, and I’ll just rearrange the bars 32GB to the next laptop, what do you think 32GB 2400 will be enough for the games/3d modeling for the next couple of years , so as not chase the frequency and timings? What do you think I'm doing right?

Yes, for gaming 32gbs is way plenty. For rendering it is the sweet spot too! You will be good to go with 32gb of 2400mhz. Intel systems aren't really affected as much as Ryzen systems by having faster ram. For a couple of years you will be fine.

If you are happy with the solutions provided, you can choose an answer as the solution to close the thread.

Reactions: Radiance80