[SOLVED] 3 days old kingstone A400 ssd lose 1% of health

Apr 21, 2020
I got my first ssd ever 3 days ago and after checking the health it's now 99% after only 48 hours of work time, shall I be concerned and take an acction or is it fine ?

and this is the data from crystaldiskinfo

Date : 2020/12/05 19:56:53

(01) KINGSTON SA400S37480G
----------------------------------------------------------------------------
Model : KINGSTON SA400S37480G
Firmware : SBFKB1E1
Serial Number : ****
Disk Size : 480.1 GB (8.4/137.4/480.1/480.1)
Buffer Size : Unknown
Queue Depth : 32
# of Sectors : 937703088
Rotation Rate : ---- (SSD)
Interface : Serial ATA
Major Version : ACS-3
Minor Version : ACS-3 Revision 4
Transfer Mode : SATA/600 | SATA/600
Power On Hours : 49 hours
Power On Count : 13 count
Host Reads : 208 GB
Host Writes : 435 GB
NAND Writes : 498 GB
Temperature : 33 C (91 F)
Health Status : Good (99 %)
Features : S.M.A.R.T., APM, NCQ, TRIM
APM Level : 0000h [OFF]
AAM Level : ----
Drive Letter : C:

Solution
I'm assuming you used Kingston's SSD Manager to monitor the health of your SSD? Latest firmware for your SSD? I'd keep an eye on the health of your SSD after a week. If things start to drop, then I think you should backup your data and also keep your seller/Kingston in the loop.

What is the SSD used as? How many partitions does the SSD have? You're advised to not create partitions outside of what the OS makes(if it's used for your boot drive).

Lutfij

Titan
I'm assuming you used Kingston's SSD Manager to monitor the health of your SSD? Latest firmware for your SSD? I'd keep an eye on the health of your SSD after a week. If things start to drop, then I think you should backup your data and also keep your seller/Kingston in the loop.

What is the SSD used as? How many partitions does the SSD have? You're advised to not create partitions outside of what the OS makes(if it's used for your boot drive).

Solution
Apr 21, 2020

ok I will keep an eye on it thank you thank you

Apr 21, 2020
You need to measure over time, not a single snapshot in time.

The first days or weeks, you're writing a LOT to the drive.
That use curve flattens out after a while.

Check it once a week, and create a graph over time.
I installed an 80 GB game on it to try how fast is it and then deleted it and installed it again to show someone and then deleted it as I dont' play it anymorw, I didn't know about the health of ssd and now I regret doing that, no more gmaes on ssd just OS stuff to keep it it's health, a few secs in loading screen is not that big of a deal anyway.