Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
Hello everyone. I'm going to buy a 3070 Ti soon.
And I have 2 options between 2 brands

The first one is a 3070 Ti iGame Vulcan OC
And
The second one is a 3070 Ti MSI Gaming X Trio

They both have almost the same price but I was wondering which one do you guys suggest.

I'm really fond of the LCD screen on the iGame version, but I know that MSI is more reputable.

So is the LCD really worth it? Or should I just go with the MSI version.

Thank you.

Solution
AFAIK, Colorful is a Chinese only brand and not usually sold worldwide. Hence, you won't find many people vouch for it as most people don't have experience or access to it. Not sure about its after sales service either, and you might have to send it to China. Most of those fancy displays on Chinese cards are usually locally procured and not manufactured by the company itself. Apart from drawing additional power, being locally procured doesn't make them last long.
MSI on the other hand is a tried and tested brand popular world wide and has a decent after sales service. If it was me, I would give priority to the card over some fancy display and go with MSI.
AFAIK, Colorful is a Chinese only brand and not usually sold worldwide. Hence, you won't find many people vouch for it as most people don't have experience or access to it. Not sure about its after sales service either, and you might have to send it to China. Most of those fancy displays on Chinese cards are usually locally procured and not manufactured by the company itself. Apart from drawing additional power, being locally procured doesn't make them last long.
MSI on the other hand is a tried and tested brand popular world wide and has a decent after sales service. If it was me, I would give priority to the card over some fancy display and go with MSI.

Solution

Baraa_Al Turk

Commendable
Sep 20, 2020
I think maybe you should completely avoid a3070ti. Get a card with more vram, even if it is weaker. 3080 or 6700xt.

If you plan to spend that much cash make it last.
If I had a dollar for every time someone suggests a GPU upgrade instead of giving a relevant answer I would be rich.
And let's say I wanted to go with your idea, do you how much is the difference between a 3070 ti and a 3080? it's around 400-550$ extra. You're talking as if people are having a good time with prices and stocks. people sometimes act as if there was no shortage at all, they should really appreciate what's available...

If I had a dollar for every time someone suggests a GPU upgrade instead of giving a relevant answer I would be rich.
And let's say I wanted to go with your idea, do you how much is the difference between a 3070 ti and a 3080? it's around 400-550$ extra. You're talking as if people are having a good time with prices and stocks. people sometimes act as if there was no shortage at all, they should really appreciate what's available...
Sorry no I structured that all wrong. 6700xt is cheaper not a 3080. 4 more GB of VRAM is a better buy with 6700xt. My bad, but even the 2 extra GB on an original 3080 would be worth the additional cost. More shaders more ram for not a lot more money.

I guess I was saying 50% more vram or 15% more performance and 25% more ram are better values in both directions. Sorry I just wasnt writing what I meant which is the 3070ti isn't a good buy over those two options. Spend more or spend less and get a better value in this market anyway.

3070 is actually a better value as well, it offers the same fame buffer, DLSSand a super good time. Really there isn't a reason that exists beyond its faster for you to buy a 3070ti. Its still on my wishlist though.

Last edited:

KyaraM

Admirable
I agree with Hellfire, go MSI, TC.

Sorry no I structured that all wrong. 6700xt is cheaper not a 3080. 4 more GB of VRAM is a better buy. My bad, but even the 2 extra GB on an original 3080 would be worth the additional cost. More shaders more ram for not a lot more money.

I guess I was saying 50% more vram or 15% more performance and 25% more ram are better values in both directions. Sorry I just wasnt writing what I meant which is the 3070ti isn't a good buy. Spend more or spend less and get a better value in this market anyway.
TC might not have an easy time getting an AMD card depending where they live, or it might actually be more expensive for them, OR they might have had too many AMD cards dying on them in too short a time, like me, to ever bother with them again. Maybe consider that first, too. Hell, you don't even know the resolutions, games, and features TC wants to have. It's far more nuanced that "its strictly better in every regard so f**k Nvidia, go AMD". Because it's not strictly better.

Also, Nvidia cards have been shown time and again to be far more efficient in memory usage so when an AMD card is already struggling with a certain amount of RAM, Nvidia will usually be fine with the same. So that argument is irrelevant outside some very specific use cases, which likely won't apply to this price range anyway. They also got some extras that AMD is either missing, or only included as an alibi to say the do have, but it sucks. I suspect there being a reason for TC to want a 3070Ti.

And know what? I got a 3070Ti, too. It's running like a charm and the memory usually gets nowhere near full load Nothing wrong with the card.