[SOLVED] 3070ti with a i7-8700k not performing

Seb Rimmer

Prominent
Nov 10, 2022
When I built my PC I had a 1070ti with an i7-8700k on a ROG STRIX Z370-F GAMING motherboard. I've always felt like my PC was underperforming especially compared to my friends with worse parts. When I built the PC I had to run the RAM sticks next to each other because some of the slots are faulty (windows only detects 3 slots and the 2nd slot is not working). I should have sent it back and got a new one but I was young, stupid, and lazy. I bought a 3070ti last year (for way too much money) hoping for better performance but the improvement wasn't that great. I play on a 165hz 1440p monitor. I reckon it may be the motherboard that is causing problems but I am not sure. On Modern Warfare 2 when I use NVIDIA 'optimal' settings the benchmark claims 99% CPU bottleneck but I can't see how its that bad. I really can't afford/ don't want to buy a new CPU and motherboard but I fear I have no other choice. I cannot find a single legit motherboard for 8th Gen Intel processors.

Any help/ideas would be amazing :)

Novabench score screenshot done today

Novabench score done 3 years ago

Seb Rimmer

Prominent
Nov 10, 2022
full system spec? include brand and model of the psu
how full is the ssd? cpu/gpu temp during the test?

I can't find the box (I can sweep my house for it tomorrow) for my PSU but its a corsair with at least 1000 watts but I think I got 1200. I made sure to get a powerful enough PSu.
I have:
Zotac Gaming 3070ti Eagle
i7-8700k
Samsung SSD 980 PRO 1TB (with 28gb free (didnt realise it was that full))
GSkill RAM running at 2133 Mhz

I think the highest i saw my CPU temp was 54 degrees and 52 on my GPU.

Am I missing anything?

thanks for the help