Question 3080 Ti display issues ?

Jah_Rasta

Honorable
Jul 28, 2016
Greetings friends! Some help will be greatly appreciated as I've exhausted my knowledge and cant think of a solution.

Im not too tech savvy so apologies in advance, I've built this PC a few months ago and everything has been great. Here are the specs
Intel Core i7 10700K
MSI MPG Z490 Gaming Carbon Wi-Fi Motherboard
Corsair RM850x Gold 850W

and 2 of my old GTX 1080's in SLI which I used in the meantime until I can get a 3000 series card

I finally got a MSI GeForce RTX 3080 Ti Gaming X Trio 12GB. and straight away after installing it I started getting these display issues. Sometimes it would boot with everything working perfectly fine but no display at all. or it will boot fine and lose display immediately after logging in. or just randomly during use.
To me I thought its a problem with the psu. But it should be enough power and its loosing display with barely no load. funnily enough I can still play graphically demanding games and run benchmarks no problem.
A few times Id lose display whenever I try to open Nvidia GeForce Experiance. Which would maybe mean software issue?

Now to note this card requires triple 8 pin connections. Ive tried a few arrangements with differing results. first I tried two 8 pin splitter connections with 1 piggy back connected in the far right. This has worked ok . I then tried 3 separate connections with 2 x 6+2 pins and a 8 pin splitter on far right with piggy back disconnected, This would boot fine but loose display immediately after login. and Finally what Im currently using two 8 pin splitter and a 6+2 on the far right with no piggy back connected.

If I try reset my pc right now chances are it will boot with no display. I would have to turn off and on and if that doesn't work then de-power the system completely. Are the Corsair pcie cables suitable or should I be buying some new ones or something.