Question 32gb 2×16gb ddr4 ram - 2 count (pack of 1) vs 2×16gb kit ?

maxim45001

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
I'm planning on buying a Corsair Vengeance LPX 2×16gb ddr4 3200mhz 16cl ram off Amazon ..however I have two options and and the kit is limited to 3600mhz and costs much more - if I buy the 2 count pack (3200mhz) and not the kit , would I lose something like XMP clocks?

Depends entirely on the platform, CPU memory controller and whether or not you get the same memory IC across the kits. Generally speaking it's better to get a kit of 2 modules because they're more stable at higher clocks. Getting two kits of two modules carries the issue of potentially less performance, but if you're not manually tuning and they turn out to be different memory IC that can cause stability or functionality issues.

maxim45001

Honorable
Oct 20, 2018
Depends entirely on the platform, CPU memory controller and whether or not you get the same memory IC across the kits. Generally speaking it's better to get a kit of 2 modules because they're more stable at higher clocks. Getting two kits of two modules carries the issue of potentially less performance, but if you're not manually tuning and they turn out to be different memory IC that can cause stability or functionality issues.
So if I got with the first option I would probably not achieve 3200mhz combined?

I'm planning on buying a Corsair Vengeance LPX 2×16gb ddr4 3200mhz 16cl ram off Amazon ..however I have two options and and the kit is limited to 3600mhz and costs much more - if I buy the 2 count pack (3200mhz) and not the kit , would I lose something like XMP clocks?
Well, first you are comparing RAM with different performance, so yeah price will be different,
What is rest of your system, CPU and MB? Some may not even work at 3600MHz.