Question 3700x temps on x470 Mobo

Sep 9, 2019
I have been scouring the internet to no avail on this subject. I am running an X470 ROG mobo with the 3700x cpu and my temp are way too high. I will regularly hit 95c which is the limit and it will idle at around 74c. It is in a Dan case A4 but I have the 92mm AIO cooler for this case. I had the 2700x in previously and had no such issue. The response from AMD support was to essentially throttle performance so that temps would go down, which is obviously unacceptable as an answer. I am just trying to find out if this is a known issue of if I need to get replacement hardware? I

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly what is your FULL system spec including PSU make and model?

Have you ensured that the cooler is appropriately seated with sufficient thermal paste? It would sooner sound to me as though the cooler is either not seated correctly or it is failing.

Also remember your ambient temperatures are very important as for every degree your ambient temperature is over normal conditions, you'll be a degree hotter under load.

Sep 9, 2019
your ambient temperatures are
Welcome to the forums my friend!

Firstly what is your FULL system spec including PSU make and model?

Have you ensured that the cooler is appropriately seated with sufficient thermal paste? It would sooner sound to me as though the cooler is either not seated correctly or it is failing.

Also remember your ambient temperatures are very important as for every degree your ambient temperature is over normal conditions, you'll be a degree hotter under load.
Hello! Thanks for the welcome lol Ive converted from long time lurker. So for the specs,
Case- Dan A4 v3
MoBo- ASUS x470-I Gaming
CPU- Ryzen 3700x
PSU- Corsair SFF 600
GPU- ASUS Turbo 1080ti
Cooler- Asetek 645 92mm AIO with a Noctua NF-A12x15
I used Thermal Grizzly Kryonaut thermal paste which I had to reapply when I took the cooler off the first time to try and fix it. It going to run a little hotter than other builds because its sff but even with the sides and top off this thing is running super hot. At one point I thought it was just the GPU so I put in a 1070 FE but the temps were still outrageous. Something I left out was that the ambient temps are at around 70F(22c) with an air vent right next to the pc

Last edited:
Sep 9, 2019
22 degrees is nothing outrageous.
I would be checking the cooler is properly seated and the fan and pump are working.
Ok. Ill have to do that again when I get home. Thanks for your help! Also I just meant that the temp around the house is 22c but the standing temps in the case get pretty toasty. I dont have an accurate reading on that but I will update this thread after I remount and paste the cooler. I would love it if temps were at 22 lol

Reactions: PC Tailor

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
Ok. Ill have to do that again when I get home. Thanks for your help! Also I just meant that the temp around the house is 22c but the standing temps in the case get pretty toasty. I dont have an accurate reading on that but I will update this thread after I remount and paste the cooler. I would love it if temps were at 22 lol
Yes Im referring to room temperature, not case temperature.