Question 4070ti not being recognized after 5 days.

Jan 18, 2023
So I had made the upgrade from a 590x to a 4070ti a week ago deleted all old drivers started out on a clean install of windows basically just started fresh you know then after 5 days of perfect performance my mobo is throwing the graphics card code so that made me think the card messed up just a few days into use but no matter what I can’t get my computer working again I’ve tried every pci slot with both my old and the new gpu and nothing works it just keeps throwing the vga code.

So I had made the upgrade from a 590x to a 4070ti a week ago deleted all old drivers started out on a clean install of windows basically just started fresh you know then after 5 days of perfect performance my mobo is throwing the graphics card code so that made me think the card messed up just a few days into use but no matter what I can’t get my computer working again I’ve tried every pci slot with both my old and the new gpu and nothing works it just keeps throwing the vga code.
List all PC specs. including PSU make/model

Reactions: Mr.Blubrys

Olivia Simmons

Prominent
May 30, 2022
It is possible that the 4070ti is not being recognized due to a hardware or driver issue. Check the following:
  1. Make sure the graphics card is properly seated and connected to the power supply.
  2. Check the BIOS or UEFI settings to ensure the computer is recognizing the graphics card.
  3. Check the device manager to see if there are any issues with the graphics card driver.
  4. Try reinstalling the graphics card driver or updating it to the latest version.
  5. If the problem persists, the graphics card may be defective, and you should contact the manufacturer for support.
It is also important to check if the GPU is compatible with the Motherboard and the power supply.

Jan 18, 2023
It is possible that the 4070ti is not being recognized due to a hardware or driver issue. Check the following:
  1. Make sure the graphics card is properly seated and connected to the power supply.
  2. Check the BIOS or UEFI settings to ensure the computer is recognizing the graphics card.
  3. Check the device manager to see if there are any issues with the graphics card driver.
  4. Try reinstalling the graphics card driver or updating it to the latest version.
  5. If the problem persists, the graphics card may be defective, and you should contact the manufacturer for support.
It is also important to check if the GPU is compatible with the Motherboard and the power supply.
It worked for 5 days before it stopped working and I had zero crashing or poor performance I took everything out but the cpu and one stick of ram and the light changed to cpu light which leads me to believe that my cpu went bad. Either that or cpu port on my mobo stopped working