Question 45-49 temperature hdd while playing games

Jan 27, 2022
When i play some games (Cod Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, etc.) the temperature of my hdds reach to 46, then to 48 or 49 and probably reach 50 or more, the hdds i use are a seagate skyhawk and a wd black, both 6tb, and i have a air cooling in front of my case, i'm afraid it could happen to my hdds when they reach to 50, but i read the manual of these hdds and it say could reach to 55 or 60, and when i don't play nothing they just reach between 39-42, any suggestions? Also it's summer in my country and sorry for my bad english.

Colif

Win 11 Master
skyhawk operating temp range is 0-60
the black likely has same range as the Seagate, from what I can see

does your case have any intake fans? any near where HDD are?
Sounds like you need something to blow the heat away from hdd. to resolve the increase in temps.

My hdd hardly ever gets used and almost always on 32c but its right behind my intake fans. Probably coolest part of PC really. NVME sits on 50c all day unless i play a game.

Jan 27, 2022
skyhawk operating temp range is 0-60
the black likely has same range as the Seagate, from what I can see

does your case have any intake fans? any near where HDD are?
Sounds like you need something to blow the heat away from hdd. to resolve the increase in temps.

My hdd hardly ever gets used and almost always on 32c but its right behind my intake fans. Probably coolest part of PC really. NVME sits on 50c all day unless i play a game.

I said i have a fan in front of my case and yes, both hdds are near of it and as said when i don't play or do nothing, it just reach between 39 and 43

Colif

Win 11 Master
okay, i wasn't sure if fan at front was outside case or something.
The temps are within safe zones for the drives, so they should be fine. If its only in games.

does case get enough cool air itself?

its summer, you got A/C or anything? what is ambient? Its summer here too but its not a very hot summer so PC temps haven't really changed a lot. i have my PC pointing at my window so it gets the freshest air I can give it.

Jan 27, 2022
okay, i wasn't sure if fan at front was outside case or something.
The temps are within safe zones for the drives, so they should be fine. If its only in games.

does case get enough cool air itself?

its summer, you got A/C or anything? what is ambient? Its summer here too but its not a very hot summer so PC temps haven't really changed a lot. i have my PC pointing at my window so it gets the freshest air I can give it.

With the fan on it, yes, i have a a/c in my house, but we can't use since i'm sick, my computer is on the side of my window and my pc case is under my desk but not on side of the window, and it's hot and sometimes it's windy, when it's the night, the ambient temperature changes, the top of my case sometimes can be bit hot when i play games.

Colif

Win 11 Master
can't you get it out from under desk as it might just be reusing hot air down there and could be reason hdd heat up over time

I have a cluttered room but my PC sits on a box so it gets as clear air flow as I can in here.

WfmeEGa.jpg

if anything, I sit behind PC so if its hot, I notice. But I am willing to put up with that. I haven't tried to play any games this summer as it seems to storm every other day. I don't have PC on during storms. I don't want unnecessary repairs.

Jan 27, 2022
can't you get it out from under desk as it might just be reusing hot air down there and could be reason hdd heat up over time

I have a cluttered room but my PC sits on a box so it gets as clear air flow as I can in here.

WfmeEGa.jpg

if anything, I sit behind PC so if its hot, I notice. But I am willing to put up with that. I haven't tried to play any games this summer as it seems to storm every other day. I don't have PC on during storms. I don't want unnecessary repairs.

It can be, also i need to call the the technician first, also my case have a left side for a optional fan

Jan 27, 2022
that was where i suggested the other exhaust fan. i have more exhausts than intakes, so it does work.

might be easier than moving it and rearranging room just for your pc.

Ok, so i will see what to do, if i put my case on side of the window or put another fan on the left side.

When i play some games (Cod Vanguard, Battlefield 2042, etc.) the temperature of my hdds reach to 46, then to 48 or 49 and probably reach 50 or more, the hdds i use are a seagate skyhawk and a wd black, both 6tb, and i have a air cooling in front of my case, i'm afraid it could happen to my hdds when they reach to 50, but i read the manual of these hdds and it say could reach to 55 or 60, and when i don't play nothing they just reach between 39-42, any suggestions? Also it's summer in my country and sorry for my bad english.
Not surprised, I had this with my hard drives after the PC had been on a while, particularly if I played games. Sounds like insufficient airflow, I have a WD Black, they are hot drives if you don't have sufficient cooling. Is the fan directly in front of them? What case do you have?

For reference I stuck an 8cm Noctua fan in front of mine and it fixed the problem, WD Black currently at 27C instead of previous high 40's.

Jan 27, 2022
Not surprised, I had this with my hard drives after the PC had been on a while, particularly if I played games. Sounds like insufficient airflow, I have a WD Black, they are hot drives if you don't have sufficient cooling. Is the fan directly in front of them? What case do you have?

For reference I stuck an 8cm Noctua fan in front of mine and it fixed the problem, WD Black currently at 27C instead of previous high 40's.

Yes, i have a fan installed in front of my case as i said and is near of the hdds, and the case is a aerocool gt

Jan 27, 2022
Oh ok, yeah I mean it looks like it's in the right direction, is there anything obstructing the air flow? Can you move the drives at all to create a gap between them for more optimal airflow?

Ah, there is like a protector that is in front of my case and the fan is behind of that, but is inside, I'll see what to do

Jan 27, 2022
It looked like a mesh grill from the pictures, I wouldn't remove that but I would experiment with the position of the drives.

It's not the grids, neither a dust filter, is something else, then I would have to call a technician since i don't have experience putting or removing pc parts, and i would buy another fan