Question 5600xt performing wierd

Dec 22, 2023
Pc build

7800x3d
B650 Strix E-F
Corsair vengeance 5600Mhz
Gigabyte 5600xt 6gb
850 Watt Corsair RM

to explain the combination I upgraded from a 2700x. I have only been playing War Thunder as of late, when I start playing the game it's fine and all, but once I start playing for an extended time 2-4 hours let's say, I start stuttering and you know the works, and becomes unplayable, I tried to tweak with the settings and AMD settings but to no conclusion. What can I do to the bottom of this, maybe an extended stress test? I am thinking of getting a new GPU soon, but since the Canadian market sucks it may have to wait a bit.

Dec 22, 2023
What’s airflow like in the case? Particularly by the gpu? Almost sounds like you have heat slowly building maybe.
The case is the Corsair 275d I think, the airflow isn’t really the best, I stuck two more Corsair fans in there to get the air moving, plus I do have an aio. 2 intakes on top, 1 exhaust out back and the aio 240mm is set to exhaust in the front. The cpu runs a bit hotter than it should be, but I am unsure on the gpu.

Yeah my guess would also be Temp related, Can run a game you normally see these slow downs and monitor the temps of both the 7800x3d and 5600x, both can hurt performance if temps are too much. If all checks out, I would reinstall the graphics drivers, I would personally use DDU and boot in safe mode to remove the driver and reinstall it, If you need help with that, we are here to help.

Good Luck!

Not an aio, but I wonder if it would be worth swapping the aio for one of these puppies.

https://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/thermalright-peerless-assassin-120-se

The Thermalright powerless assassin 120 se. It’s basically a huge dual tower air cooler with 2 120mm fans in it. While you’d lose the aio, you’d also be able to put intake fans where the radiator is now.

I’ve got one of those on my 12600kf and it seems to stay around 60 under load and is pretty quiet even with the fans at full speed. Just a thought as that might give more airflow potential.

Also if you need more fans check these out. 12 bucks for 3. They appear to be Thermalright brand, which if the ones that came with my cooler are any indication are pretty decent.

TRENDING THREADS