A INtel DG33TL can be overclocked? Retail Edge +++

zodiacboyscorp

Distinguished
Dec 28, 2005
Real or bogus?

Quote from Ravinedran, : How to Overclock your Processor/PC using a Software

Please note that Overclocking may damage your processor. So, try it at your own risk.

As you are aware, recently I got a new PC based on the Intel DG33TL motherboard. I was looking for an ASUS P35 Motherboard (for its overclocking potential, power user features) but could not get. So I settled for the Intel Motherboard.

If you are a real techie, who is into all this PC/Motherboards, you will know that Intel Motherboards, will not provide you an option to overclock your processor in the BIOS,

So I did some searching for Software overclocking tools as I know they exists ( I was using a tool called SoftFSb, for my old PIII Desktop). I found Systool, clockgen and setfsb.

ov4.png

After a lot of R&D and lots of reboots and crashed, I discovered that SetFSB works for Intel DG33TL !!!!!!

The results : an easy 33 % overclock on Conroe Intel Core2Duo 2.66 Ghz to 3.33 Ghz by increasing the FSB speed. (I use a Transcend DDR 800 Mhz RAM)"

Note: The reason this is important, this is the Retail Edge package: Q6600, DG33TL, Windows Vista Premium (retail) , priced at $220 or Premium Bundle Priced at $250, Q6700, DG33TL, Windows Vista Premium (retail). So if the board can over clock, it does everything else I want it to do and I'm a happy man. What do you guys think?

xcorat

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Heyy, Thanx.

Im waiting for the Q6700 bundle. And this is a gr8 thing to know. But one more question,
will it work with dimms with 3 CAS latency? and will i be able to use 675MHz memory(XMS2)??

thnx

singingigo

Distinguished
Aug 13, 2007
Sorry Charlie,

No CAS 3 OR CAS 4...and nothing but 1.8v dimms...yeah, it stinks. I'm sitting here with 2x1GB Crucial Ballistix DDR2-800 from NewEgg...Guess I'll have to RMA it and get the G'Skill 2x1GB kit...

xcorat

Distinguished
Nov 16, 2007
Thanx,

Damn!!!!! INTEL iz crazy!!! by any chance would the RAM adjust for
1.8V?

because I got OCZ Gold gamerXtreme which supports 1.95-2.1V 2G kit.
(Got it for 19$ after rebate) seems like i will have to return it!!!!

crazy!!!! will never find a deal like dat!

thanx anyway!!

ravindrank

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
hey friends.. yes it is true indeed and I'm Ravindran..

I first discovered this in November 2007.. Infact I was going mad that I could not overclock my E6750.. Please see this..
http://ravindrank.blogspot.com/2007/11/how-to-overclock-you-processorpc-using.html

Today I was trying help out a Overclocking mate John and have something better. I knew of SoftFSB so began searching for utils to overclock. Found SetFSB 2.0.b.17d . Tried various PLL after some googling on the Intel Mobo related PLLs. Discovered that the PLL CV174CPAG works. But the problem was the fsb and pci speed shown on the screen wont match with the actuals.. So I had to use another utility to check the fsb..crystalCPUID to monitor the fsb, memory clock and CPU speed as I increased the settings in setfsb in small steps..

It is successfull and it easily goes to 33%. But after some Test with Orthos, I realize that it is not very stable as I get error beyond 12.5% overclock.. i.e. just below 3Ghz. also I m NOt using any cooling neither playing with processor and memory voltages. Also my RAM is pretty ordinary 800 Mhz Transcend. Not for Overclocking. So I guess this is expected.

But Joh said, that the PLL doesnt work for him even though he has a DG33TL. So, I searched again for a newer verson of setFSB. And yes, it is available.

http://www13.plala.or.jp/setfsb/
Version 2.0.b.19a(beta)

But i read the readme and didnt find any support for DG33TL. As usual started trial and error . Tried 2 or 3 PLLs until I hit, the PLL cv183apag It works amazingly...Everything ..all the clocks match as shown in the screen.

Please try out n let me know..whether it works for you too..

Regs
Ravi

ravindrank

Distinguished
Jan 10, 2008
Yesterday I also realised that the RAM:FSB was set at 4:5 and RAM speed is set to 800 Mhz in BIOS. So, when we increase the FSb .. the RAM speed is also puched to around 900 making it unstable.. So, I got an Idea.. I rebooted, set the RAm speed to 667 Mhz in BIOS. Checked in CPUZ it was 1:1. Now, I am able to overclock upto 3.2 Ghz stable wihout any extra cooling etc..The RAm speed is around 810 Mhz after the 20% overclock so.. its Koooooll....Should work for you as well. ;)

But, please be warned, when I set the ram speed to 667, saved and exit BIOS, the PC did not POST. I had to power off and power on and it turned on fine. Please make sure you know how to use recovery jumper on your motherboard to reset the BIOS, if you are fiddling with it. Ofcourse, I cant guarantee that your Mobo wont conk off. So please try at your own risk.