thisisarnab.me

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
So after a long debate and joint venture finally my brother has decided to assemble himself a pc. Most of the specs are recommended by me, so I guess I need to clear my conscience here, forgive me Tomshardware as I may have sinned,

The specs are

1. CPU- Ryzen 5 3500
  2. GPU- Sapphire pulse RX 5600 XT
  3. MOBO- Gigabyte aorus B450 Elite
  4. RAM- G.SKILL Ripjaws V 8×2gb 3200 mhz
  5. PSU- Antec Earthwatt 650 gold series
  6. Case- Antec NX600 gaming cabinet
  7. SSD- Adata XPG Gammix S11 pro 256 gb NVME M.2 SSD (additional storage would be his old 500gb 7200rpm sata hard disc).
  8. Monitor- Acer Nitro VG240YP
  9. Asus cyberus gaming Keyboard. (Will be replaced by a mechanical one shortly).
  10. Logitech g102 Prodigy gaming mouse

You can also find my rig here

1. Can you guys rate this rig? It's around 80K inr here (roughly 1100$), which is slightly over my budget, as I had intended to conclude within 1000$. So if you recommend changing something, it must be within the same price bracket.

2. My brother wishes his case to be either

https://mdcomputers.in/cooler-master-masterbox-k501l-rgb-mcb-k501l-kgnn-sr1.html

Or,

https://mdcomputers.in/antec-mid-tower-df500-rgb.html

But my suggestion stands with the Antec NX 600. Which one would you choose between the three?

3. The adata NVME SSD mentioned here is not listed in pcpartpicker. So I've listed ADATA SX8200 there. Is there supposed to be any compatibility issue with NVME M.2 and sata 6.0gb/s onboard?

Thank y'all.

Solution
1, It's a fine rig, though don't get too obsessed with the concept of being futureproof. Nothing's futureproof.
  1. Cases tend to be a very personal choice, so it's hard to step into your shoes here without knowing your priorities for cases.
  2. You might lose one of the SATA ports. You typically can't use every slot on a motherboard simultaneously. But I haven't checked this particular motherboard simply because it's not an issue unless you have a ton of hard drives. It can be a little annoying if you're in a situation like my main rig, that has a total of 11 storage drives and two additional PCI-Express cards other than the GPU, but that doesn't sound like the situation here.

DSzymborski

Curmudgeon Pursuivant
1, It's a fine rig, though don't get too obsessed with the concept of being futureproof. Nothing's futureproof.
  1. Cases tend to be a very personal choice, so it's hard to step into your shoes here without knowing your priorities for cases.
  2. You might lose one of the SATA ports. You typically can't use every slot on a motherboard simultaneously. But I haven't checked this particular motherboard simply because it's not an issue unless you have a ton of hard drives. It can be a little annoying if you're in a situation like my main rig, that has a total of 11 storage drives and two additional PCI-Express cards other than the GPU, but that doesn't sound like the situation here.

Reactions: thisisarnab.me
Solution

thisisarnab.me

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
Thank you. I know 'future' may never exist, but just rooting for a 5 year term that's all. So no obsession onboard!

Cable management and space will be my priority for the cases. All the three cases are decent looking. While someone may bewitched by K501L's 'angular attack' show off and forget that it has just an acrylic panel, no psu shroud and cheap SGCC. Otherhand practically DF500 looks a bit cozy to me which may cause significant cable management issues. I've seen the nx600 and it matched all my criteria. What do you think?

Not at all. The HDD will be the last leaf and might be replaced within the year by another m.2. So no issues right?

While the ryzen 3500 is ok, if you can fit the 3600 in within budget, do so. If not you'll have the same issues as folks with the i5 6 cores, 100% cpu usage and possible stutters, etc. You'll find a lot of threads on here with this issue. The 3600 should alleviate this with its extra threads, thus leading to a little more future proofing.

Make sure the mobo you chose is compatible with 3rd gen out of the box, or has the ability to bios flash with out a cpu. Or you'll need to borrow a 1xxx or 2xxx cpu to update. This is one of the main reasons you'll see msi MAX line of boards recommended so often. Guaranteed 3rd gen out of the box. Can be well worth the extra few bucks in these situations.

Other than that, solid build for very strong 1080 gaming!

Reactions: thisisarnab.me

thisisarnab.me

Reputable
Dec 2, 2018
While the ryzen 3500 is ok, if you can fit the 3600 in within budget, do so. If not you'll have the same issues as folks with the i5 6 cores, 100% cpu usage and possible stutters, etc. You'll find a lot of threads on here with this issue. The 3600 should alleviate this with its extra threads, thus leading to a little more future proofing.

Make sure the mobo you chose is compatible with 3rd gen out of the box, or has the ability to bios flash with out a cpu. Or you'll need to borrow a 1xxx or 2xxx cpu to update. This is one of the main reasons you'll see msi MAX line of boards recommended so often. Guaranteed 3rd gen out of the box. Can be well worth the extra few bucks in these situations.

Other than that, solid build for very strong 1080 gaming!
Thanks for your insight @Gmoney06ss. Yes, I've thought about multithreading. As my brother does not stream and not into any mainstream editing, hopefully 3500 will serve his purpose. 3600 is about 16500 inr here, which is roughly a 100$ bump, so may be this time I have to stick with the 3500 but thanks for reminding this.

Bios compatibility is not an issue as the offline retailer will update the bios for me. We've talked about this already.
Really appreciate your concerns. ☺