A New Study Suggests Internet Explorer is for Dummies

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy378

Distinguished
Jul 14, 2009
There's a new study that says if you don't rely on Google for everything (email, browser, docs, etc) then you have a very, very low IQ.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
I also don't know if the Safari statistic is accurate. Maybe book smart, but they obviously weren't smart enough to know that they were getting ripped off by buying Apple.

I guess you could argue they did it for social status reasons - maybe they like sitting at a coffee shop with their Macbook? Look sophisticated, and hopefully pick up some equally retarded woman.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]techguy378[/nom]There's a new study that says if you don't rely on Google for everything (email, browser, docs, etc) then you have a very, very low IQ.[/citation]
It makes more sense then if you were to reply on Outlook, IE and MSword.

If I had to place a bet on someone who used ALL Google vs ALL MS, I'd bet on the Google person being more intelligent. It shows me they were smart enough to branch out and discover for themselves - vs being an idiot that doesn't know other software even exists.

yyk71200

Distinguished
Mar 10, 2010
Well, I have an explanation. Less smart people are less likely to know about IE alternatives, or think it is too complicated to change a browser, or think that new browsers are difficult to figure out. Of course, some people chose IE because they like it, so they are not that dumb. However, if one is still stuck in IE6, well... it is no wonder they are rated the lowest (unless some of them have no other choice so this may not apply to 100% of them, but to majority it does).

With so many browsers being more known and available, this pattern may become even stronger later.

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
It makes sense that the lower your "intelligence level" from education or just being smart would make you switch less often to something different. You go with a brand you trust while people with higher IQ's(who generally are probably more curious about learning anyway) learn about others and test them out themselves.
IQ is all about education and the smarts you were born with, but many people could be genius status with a little work on their part.
I've tried them all, and I liked Chrome the best so I'd probably raise the IQ on that graph. :p Might as well believe in yourself, right?

zak_mckraken

Distinguished
Jan 16, 2004
It all makes sense now. I work for the government of Quebec and they still haven't move from IE6. Luckily for me, I have Firefox Portable so I can keep a IQ of 109 (which is a bit lower than my IQ at home... for some reason).

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]I also don't know if the Safari statistic is accurate. Maybe book smart, but they obviously weren't smart enough to know that they were getting ripped off by buying Apple. I guess you could argue they did it for social status reasons - maybe they like sitting at a coffee shop with their Macbook? Look sophisticated, and hopefully pick up some equally retarded woman.[/citation]
Perhaps they are smart enough to have a high paying job that gives them the money to buy what they want?
Do not deny that Macs are high quality...They have better battery life than most other laptops, a better case made out of aluminum, and a better designed laptop IMO.
I built a comparable laptop at Dell compared to a Mac, and I would've paid $300 more for a slightly better graphics card and maybe some more connectivity.

christop

Distinguished
I will have to say this test is bs. I guess if I use all the browsers for testing that I am a super genius.. I find it hard to believe you can define someones I.Q with browser choice.

Hellbound

Distinguished
Jul 7, 2004
Seriously, who f*(#ing cares? Its not like I'm going to use this in any way in real world. Imagine going on a date...

Me: Excuse me, what browser do you use?
Date: Internet Explorer.
Me: Retard....

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]clonazepam[/nom]This can't be right. Those chrome users never tried streaming content from xfinity tv, as its a complete fail.[/citation]
Chrome users are too smart to get ripped off by Comcast. =P

cuecuemore

Distinguished
[citation][nom]christop[/nom]I will have to say this test is bs. I guess if I use all the browsers for testing that I am a super genius.. I find it hard to believe you can define someones I.Q with browser choice.[/citation]
The point is that those who use IE didn't make any conscious choice.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Hellbound[/nom]Seriously, who f*(#ing cares? Its not like I'm going to use this in any way in real world. Imagine going on a date...Me: Excuse me, what browser do you use?Date: Internet Explorer.Me: Retard....[/citation]
Um, yeah actually. Some girl sits there and tells you about how intelligent she thinks she is with technology. You discover she uses IE and hasn't tried anything else. BAM, you now know she's not technically lying, but is under the impression/illusion that she is somehow smart, when in realty she is a dingbat.

This can be used with any person, regardless of gender. It's like people who pretend to know a lot about cars, but when you discover they use some off-wall, known junk brand, you really know right then and there it's a person who doesn't know what they're talking about.

Anomalyx

Distinguished
Apr 2, 2010
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Perhaps they are smart enough to have a high paying job that gives them the money to buy what they want?Do not deny that Macs are high quality...They have better battery life than most other laptops, a better case made out of aluminum, and a better designed laptop IMO.I built a comparable laptop at Dell compared to a Mac, and I would've paid $300 more for a slightly better graphics card and maybe some more connectivity.[/citation]
Nobody questions that Apple computer systems have quality hardware (when not proprietary). It's that people aren't smart enough to realize they can get the exact same performance by buying a computer that isn't built with server-grade hardware, for less than half the price. Xeon's might be excellent processors, but my desktop does not need one. In fact, it gets by quite well with a processor 1/10th of the price. Macs are like BMW and Mercedes. You pay twice as much for no real added features that actually matter.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]Haserath[/nom]Perhaps they are smart enough to have a high paying job that gives them the money to buy what they want?Do not deny that Macs are high quality...They have better battery life than most other laptops, a better case made out of aluminum, and a better designed laptop IMO.I built a comparable laptop at Dell compared to a Mac, and I would've paid $300 more for a slightly better graphics card and maybe some more connectivity.[/citation]

They could've just as easily put that "Extra" money they make into the bank, and actually accrue interest - besides the obvious fact of them just having more money in general to spend.

I also don't believe that entire $300 gig. First, Dell has beyond frequent coupons - most of the time amounting to hundreds of dollars off the overall price. Second, like 4 days ago we had this similar debate when comparing an Macbook Pro to Alienware - mind you, Alienware itself is overpriced, but it's really a testament when Apple manages to outdo Alienware by a significant margin. It's like, Alienware is bad enough, but Apple is just horrendous.

Anyways, I was able to build a laptop that had more RAM, bigger (and quality) screen, faster HD, or even a SSD on the alternative config and a WAY better GPU. The chassis was as always, nice and had a lot of perks with that aside.

So really, I don't see what Apple has going for it. Pretentious, cult-like consumers who buy anything Apple releases. You could release iDogShit and the Apple fans would buy it. They'd even pay premium price for it too!

G

The higher your IQ the more likely you are gonna do something dumb out of boredom.

whysobluepandabear

Distinguished
Aug 30, 2010
[citation][nom]otacon72[/nom]This "study" is just ridiculous. I could score 140+ on an online IQ test. Just use Google for every test question I didn't know. What a total waste of money.[/citation]
Well you obviously don't posses a 140 IQ, or anywhere near it.

You see the flaw in your logic? No, you don't - not right now at least. You will in a second.

So you're right, you *could* use Google to look up every answer. So why didn't the idiots on IE use that method then? BECAUSE THEY'RE IDIOTS.

The people who use Chrome, FF, Opera and etc were at least SMART enough to know they could search for the answers (and cheat). The dumb asses on IE didn't know any better.

Case closed; point proven. Anyway you sway it, people on IE are less intelligent.

G

Lets see IE has over 50% of the market so they actually have more higher IQ people than the other browsers do. They also have more lower IQ people. All this proves is that using percentages someone made it look like only dumb people use it.

GreaseMonkey_62

Distinguished
Jul 3, 2009
I would have to call this whole thing a fail. I find it hard to believe that people with the highest IQ's would be more inclined to use Opera, one of the worst browsers out there (right after Safari).

Haserath

Distinguished
Apr 13, 2010
[citation][nom]whysobluepandabear[/nom]They could've just as easily put that "Extra" money they make into the bank, and actually accrue interest - besides the obvious fact of them just having more money in general to spend. I also don't believe that entire $300 gig. First, Dell has beyond frequent coupons - most of the time amounting to hundreds of dollars off the overall price. Second, like 4 days ago we had this similar debate when comparing an Macbook Pro to Alienware - mind you, Alienware itself is overpriced, but it's really a testament when Apple manages to outdo Alienware by a significant margin. It's like, Alienware is bad enough, but Apple is just horrendous. Anyways, I was able to build a laptop that had more RAM, bigger (and quality) screen, faster HD, or even a SSD on the alternative config and a WAY better GPU. The chassis was as always, nice and had a lot of perks with that aside. So really, I don't see what Apple has going for it. Pretentious, cult-like consumers who buy anything Apple releases. You could release iDogShit and the Apple fans would buy it. They'd even pay premium price for it too![/citation]
Well, Alienware is owned by Dell, so I count them as the same company; it even redirects to Dell's site once you choose a laptop to customize.
But, I guess it depends on which setup you choose to get. This time I can get a comparable one for cheaper at Alienware.
I still like aluminum over plastic though, just an opinion of mine.

Status
Not open for further replies.