Maidu96

Distinguished
Feb 17, 2017
Hey, I saw it's been asked alot and theres a bunch of semi useful information.

I recently updates my system and currently the only thing not updated is the gpu which is a rtx 3070 windforce oc.

I only game, watch multimedia, no content creation or workload. But I'm a sort of maxi - I prefer as high as possible graphics quality and refresh rate.

Can anyone tell me whats a good pairing to a new 13700k?

I play 1440p 165hz.

Budget isn't set in stone, but would be great around 1200 eur.

I guess the main question is, if I should wait for the new 5000 series or update to a current system gpu?

Specs:
13700k, I want to overclock after instability microcode.
Currently H100i aio, but already ordered the new Li An Li 360mm trinity performance.
32GB 6000mhz ddr5 ram
1x2tb m.2 Samsung pro ssd
2x500gb sata ssd.
Rtx 3070 windforce
Meshify 2
Corsair HX1500i

Thanks for any and all suggestions.

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Cpu is non issue pairing with any graphics card for quite a few years so your options are limitless.

Probably wait for 5xxx series. Anyway, 4080 super below or 4090, depending on game, you can see the results. But i bet you looked at those already and really asking whether to wait or pull the trigger. I'd say wait.

In the meantime, get yourself this if don't have one yet, you'll need it. Would rather use this quality Corsair cable rather than the generic stuff the card comes with. Most higher tier 4xxx series from 4070 has 12vhpwr plug, very rare these days only twin 8 pin but there may be one or two brands out there. Be no different for 5 series, i have read 12vhpwr be forced throughout the entire lineup requiring supplementary power but we'll see.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/p/pc-...5-0-12vhpwr-type-4-psu-power-cable-cp-8920284

Also make sure to check pending bios updates with this debacle going on with 13/14th gen Intel's lately.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead