[SOLVED] About Antec NX600 quality expectations ?

Subhajitdas298

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2014
Hi There,

I just got an Antec NX600 case. But it seems that, the case metal is quite thing [thin ?] and finish on the plastic parts (like HDD cage) are below professional.
Is this expected?

I have been using CM N500 for years, and still the quality is at least A grade, though a bit outdated now.

Should I be looking out for any other case? Any suggestions?

Thanks

Solution
Been a long time since I have seen an Antec case. Popular in the days of beige, but haven't really heard much from them in recent years. Most of their offerings do look rather basic. A few higher end cases but still look cheap. See NX800, just a knock off of the Cooler Master chassis. NX400 looks like a hot box with no airflow.

Depends on what you have to spend really.

I'm partial to Phanteks Enthoo series. NZXT 500, 510, 200...has a decent selection and Lian Li O11 Dynamic is everyone's poster child. Fractal Design R5 R7, etc. (Focus G is a good budget case, comes with two fans). Cooler Master H500 series are the ones the NX800 is copying, only good one is the Mesh though, actually has the airflow to back up the 200mm fans.

Be...

Eximo

Titan
Ambassador
Been a long time since I have seen an Antec case. Popular in the days of beige, but haven't really heard much from them in recent years. Most of their offerings do look rather basic. A few higher end cases but still look cheap. See NX800, just a knock off of the Cooler Master chassis. NX400 looks like a hot box with no airflow.

I'm partial to Phanteks Enthoo series. NZXT 500, 510, 200...has a decent selection and Lian Li O11 Dynamic is everyone's poster child. Fractal Design R5 R7, etc. (Focus G is a good budget case, comes with two fans). Cooler Master H500 series are the ones the NX800 is copying, only good one is the Mesh though, actually has the airflow to back up the 200mm fans.

Be quiet! and Dark base offer silenced chassis, less airflow, but good sound dampening. And there are certainly cases more geared for water cooling (like the O11)

Solution

Subhajitdas298

Distinguished
Apr 17, 2014

Be quiet! and Dark base offer silenced chassis, less airflow, but good sound dampening. And there are certainly cases more geared for water cooling (like the O11)
Thanks for reply.

At the end I went with Lian Li Lancool 2 Mesh.
O11 seems to be overpriced with under (air) flow.