Question About the Antec NeoECO 650 Modular V2

Sep 22, 2020
Hey guys! I'm finally buying all the parts for my gaming PC, and after a problem with the store I bought my PSU, they are offering me an Antec NE650M V2 (link to the PSU for reference). I've heard mixed things about the original NE650M, but this seems to be a version 2, with a better warranty (5 years instead of 3), and more safety approvals. I'm really inexperienced with all this stuff, and I really can't tell if this is good or not. I just don't want to damage any components, that's my main worry. These are the parts that will be on the pc:
  • Ryzen 5 3600
  • MSI GTX 1650 Super Ventus XS
  • 500GB WD SN550 NVMe
  • 1 TB 5400RPM HDD (will be changed next year)
  • ASRock B450M Pro4
  • Corsair LPX Vengeance 2x8GB 3200 MHz
Thanks in advance :)

PC Tailor

Illustrious
Ambassador
It's OK / a mediocre platform from my awareness. I believe it's still just as similar to the Earthwatts.

It's unlikely to cause damage, and is probably fine for more lower end gaming builds. The 1650 is a low power GPU so I suspect it'd probably be fine for a few years. If you can get better, then there's no harm.

Reactions: AY17
Sep 22, 2020
It's OK / a mediocre platform from my awareness. I believe it's still just as similar to the Earthwatts.

It's unlikely to cause damage, and is probably fine for more lower end gaming builds. The 1650 is a low power GPU so I suspect it'd probably be fine for a few years. If you can get better, then there's no harm.
Thanks for the answer! Sadly, I can't do better for a reasonable price. Stock is very very low here in Chile, and there is nothing else I can afford :/

I don't know if you know about the safety approvals? Anything you could mention from what Antec website? (regulations: cTUVus / TUV / CB / RCM / CE / CCC / BSMI / FCC)