[SOLVED] Absolutely cannot open BIOS anymore, boot problems and fan calibration (Gigabyte Aorus X399 Extreme)

May 30, 2021
Hello,

I cannot access my computers BIOS anymore. I tried to update via the "@bios Update from server" software from Gigabye. I think it worked and it was on latest version F5. But I absolutely can not get into the BIOS screen. I tried every solution I could find on Google. Reset CMOS via button and jumper, unplugging, turn off fast boot, cabled USB Keyboard in first slot, etc.

When I turn on the computer the screen stays black, fans and leds are running. It stays like that until I hit the "force restart" button on my computer. It then takes very long to boot and I have to press enter or any other button, so the windows login screen eventually appears. I now changed back to BIOS version F3, but the problems stayed.

Originally I wanted to check my RAM frequency. I have DDR4-3000 RAM, but it only shows a frequency of 1197 MHz.

It also messed up my fans calibration. I always used Aorus System Information Viewer SIV in Advanced Slope Mode and it worked flawlessly. But now the fans spin a lot faster than before. I set it on 30% which should equal 734 rpm, but they are spinning at 1080 rpm. Same for the watercooling pump. I can't get the system silent anymore, like it was before.

Can you please help me? Thank you!

My System:

– Gigabyte Aorus Xtreme AMD X399 So.TR4
– 6 x 16GB (1x 16384MB) Crucial Ballistix Sport LT Dual Rank grau DDR4-3000 DIMM CL16-18-18
– AMD Ryzen Threadripper 2950X
– 2 x MSI 2080ti
– 1 x Asus 3090 EKBW
– Corsair AX1600i PSU
– SAMSUNG NVMe SSD 970 Evo

– Custom Watercooling from Corsair

Solution
Ok, solution was to connect the monitor from the 3090 not to the one 2080ti but to the other. That did the trick. When the monitor stayed black I was in BIOS without seeing it.
May 30, 2021
Ok, solution was to connect the monitor from the 3090 not to the one 2080ti but to the other. That did the trick. When the monitor stayed black I was in BIOS without seeing it.

Solution