Oct 4, 2019
Hi everyone, I really need some good advice here. I've been looking all over every forum I can find and it seems like anyone else with the same issue doesn't get much response. As titles states, took apart my laptop just to clean the dust out since it had been a while and my performance was suffering a little bit. But after reassembly, it wouldn't turn on. No biggie, its happened before. Take it apart, check all cables, put it back together, still nothing. Okay, panic time.
Most posts I've found relating to this topic mention that most Acer Aspire laptops have an "interlock switch" which prevents the battery from being used if its not flipped, basically to make sure the laptop is put back together before you do anything. I for the life of me cannot figure out where such a switch would be on my model, and I'm really not sure it exists at this point. Ive disconnected and reconnected the battery cable many times, and used the battery reset button on the back several times as well. Still no response. My main worry here is that the orange led to signal charging doesn't even come on when I plug it in, and I know for a fact it was working and charging before I took it apart.
There have been lots of threads about "laptop on but not charging" or "laptop turns off as soon as charging cable unplugged" but basically none for it not charging at all. Obviously the easy thing to do would be to take it into a repair shop but I don't have the money for that right now. If anyone has any ideas/suggestions/possible diagnosis it would be greatly appreciated. Any feedback at all helps. Thanks

Assuming you did no damage to the circuitry, the most likely cause would seem to be you missed a plug somewhere, in this case I would double check the plug from the AC Adapter power cable to the motherboard. Further, make sure your power adapter is working and properly plugged in and putting out the right voltage.

Oct 4, 2019
Assuming you did no damage to the circuitry, the most likely cause would seem to be you missed a plug somewhere, in this case I would double check the plug from the AC Adapter power cable to the motherboard. Further, make sure your power adapter is working and properly plugged in and putting out the right voltage.
My power adapter was tested with a multimeter today and showed it was outputting the right voltage, I took apart my computer and put it back together several times to no avail, I'm almost certain everything was put back together right. I fear I may have not sufficiently discharged myself, and fried an internal device somewhere.

Most modern PC can take a little static electricity without burning up as in the past. OTOH one of the issues with your laptop is you have to take it apart to remove the battery the first chance you get. Hence, the first thing you should do is disconnect the battery. Have you tested the voltage at the unplugged power cable plug with the AC adapter plugged, so at least know your getting power to the MB?