acer laptop for university/etc? (5-6 years)

Arman5592

Reputable
Jul 16, 2016
Hi!
I need to buy a laptop for university and daily use , there might be some demanding apps (3d design , circuit design , etc) but most configurations are ok .
my problem is with build quality , I dont know if the laptops Im considering can last 5-6 years (no gaming) , since Ive heard people complaining about acer (and many other brands') build quality.

Im currently considering Aspire 7 (7700HQ , 1050ti , 8gb ram , 128 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd) which is the best setup I found in its price range , but Im afraid that it might not last 5-6 years.
I can also buy the asus k570ud (8250u , 1050 , 8gb ram , 1tb hdd) which is asus (more likely to last for years?) , but people do complain about defective wifi cards and poor heat management with this particular model.
other available options are all vivobooks , aspire 7s , nitros , ideapads (no thinkpads unfortunately) and basically none of the series that are famous for their build quality.
my initial choice was HP pavilion gaming , but I live in the third world and HP products are hard to come by , and finding repairs/spare parts is almost impossible and there is no warranty with them (or the third party warranty basically doesnt do anything)
so is the asus more likely to last 5-6 years (in terms of quality - hardware is not a big concern) ? I think the acer cant be much different since they're all using parts from similar companies and they cant be that different , but Im still worried.
thanks !

Sagar_20

Distinguished
I would recommend to look for Asus TUF Series laptops. These are value for money and built to last. Acer Aspire 7 is also a good option. I would choose whichever offers better value for money or is more portable.

Hi!
I need to buy a laptop for university and daily use , there might be some demanding apps (3d design , circuit design , etc) but most configurations are ok .
my problem is with build quality , I dont know if the laptops Im considering can last 5-6 years (no gaming) , since Ive heard people complaining about acer (and many other brands') build quality.

Im currently considering Aspire 7 (7700HQ , 1050ti , 8gb ram , 128 gb ssd and 1 tb hdd) which is the best setup I found in its price range , but Im afraid that it might not last 5-6 years.
I can also buy the asus k570ud (8250u , 1050 , 8gb ram , 1tb hdd) which is asus (more likely to last for years?) , but people do complain about defective wifi cards and poor heat management with this particular model.
other available options are all vivobooks , aspire 7s , nitros , ideapads (no thinkpads unfortunately) and basically none of the series that are famous for their build quality.
my initial choice was HP pavilion gaming , but I live in the third world and HP products are hard to come by , and finding repairs/spare parts is almost impossible and there is no warranty with them (or the third party warranty basically doesnt do anything)
so is the asus more likely to last 5-6 years (in terms of quality - hardware is not a big concern) ? I think the acer cant be much different since they're all using parts from similar companies and they cant be that different , but Im still worried.
thanks !
Budget?