I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be able to
edit them?

Hi,

The full version of Adobe, which costs quite a bit (I think it's around $300
US for the standard version). The reader is just that, a reader for this
popular format.

--
Best of Luck,

http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
Windows help - www.rickrogers.org

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be able
> edit them?

I understand reader is just a reader, I was looking for something more low
cost to be able to edit.

http://www.adobe.com/products/acrobatstd/main.html

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be able
> edit them?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 21:33:43 -0500, "Rick \"Nutcase\" Rogers"
<rick@mvps.org> wrote:

>Hi,
>
>The full version of Adobe, which costs quite a bit (I think it's around $300
>US for the standard version). The reader is just that, a reader for this
>popular format.

You Might try
www.foxitsoftware.com

They also have a free pdf reader. I have made that my reader. (Note,
I like it because you can safe your pdf files instead of viewing it in
a browser first)

Greg R

Hi,

If you search at google.com for a "pdf converter", you should be able to
find something fairly cheap that will convert those files to .doc format so
they can be opened by MSWord or some other editor.

--

>I understand reader is just a reader, I was looking for something more low
> cost to be able to edit.
>
> "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
>
>> Hi,
>>
>> The full version of Adobe, which costs quite a bit (I think it's around
>> $300
>> US for the standard version). The reader is just that, a reader for this
>> popular format.
>>
>> --
>> Best of Luck,

>> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
>> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>>
>> "walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be
>> >able
>> > edit them?

I found one that Harry Ohrn suggested in a previous post.
http://www.primopdf.com/
Thanks

"Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:

> Hi,
>
> If you search at google.com for a "pdf converter", you should be able to
> find something fairly cheap that will convert those files to .doc format so
> they can be opened by MSWord or some other editor.
>
> --
> Best of Luck,

> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
>
> "walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> >I understand reader is just a reader, I was looking for something more low
> > cost to be able to edit.
> >
> > "Rick "Nutcase" Rogers" wrote:
> >
> >> Hi,
> >>
> >> The full version of Adobe, which costs quite a bit (I think it's around
> >> $300
> >> US for the standard version). The reader is just that, a reader for this
> >> popular format.
> >>
> >> --
> >> Best of Luck,

> >> http://mvp.support.microsoft.com/
> >> Associate Expert - WindowsXP Expert Zone
> >> www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/expertzone
> >> Windows help - www.rickrogers.org
> >>
> >> "walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be able
> edit them?

You can create .pdf files in any application you have on your computer. Go
to http://www.primopdf.com/ and download the free program. It will put
another virtual printer on your system, so if you create a document in Word
for example, you tell it to print to the Primopdf printer, and you have your
..pdf file created. Works great!

Thanks everyone for the help, but am I able to take a .pdf file and edit it
with any of these programs. What I am trying to do is take a .pdf file and be
able to (for example) sign it or add something to it (like a contract) and
send it back to whomever.

walt wrote:

> Thanks everyone for the help, but am I able to take a .pdf file and edit it
> with any of these programs. What I am trying to do is take a .pdf file and be
> able to (for example) sign it or add something to it (like a contract) and
> send it back to whomever.
>
> "offen rong" wrote:

What you may be looking for is PDFill 3.0: http://www.pdfill.com/. With
it, some pdf documents can be filled in or edited directly if they are
set up for that or, if not, PDFill allows the user to fill in text as if
it were a drawing program. You then save it as a pdf, close and open
the document in Reader. Nifty program that impresses.

Gene

The full version of Adobe Acrobat... www.adobe.com
--
Cari (MS-MVP)
Printing & Imaging

> Thanks everyone for the help, but am I able to take a .pdf file and edit
> it
> with any of these programs. What I am trying to do is take a .pdf file and
> be
> able to (for example) sign it or add something to it (like a contract) and
> send it back to whomever.
>
> "offen rong" wrote:
>

>> "walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be
>> >able
>> > edit them?
>>
>> You can create .pdf files in any application you have on your computer.
>> Go
>> to http://www.primopdf.com/ and download the free program. It will put
>> another virtual printer on your system, so if you create a document in
>> Word
>> for example, you tell it to print to the Primopdf printer, and you have
>> your
>> ..pdf file created. Works great!

You edit in Word or something similar and convert back to .pdf.

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> Thanks everyone for the help, but am I able to take a .pdf file and edit
> it
> with any of these programs. What I am trying to do is take a .pdf file and
> be
> able to (for example) sign it or add something to it (like a contract) and
> send it back to whomever.
>
> "offen rong" wrote:
>

>> "walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>> >I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be
>> >able
>> > edit them?
>>
>> You can create .pdf files in any application you have on your computer.
>> Go
>> to http://www.primopdf.com/ and download the free program. It will put
>> another virtual printer on your system, so if you create a document in
>> Word
>> for example, you tell it to print to the Primopdf printer, and you have
>> your
>> ..pdf file created. Works great!

For $10 it might do what I want, Thanks for the help.

"Gene Goldenfeld" wrote:

> walt wrote:
> >
> > Thanks everyone for the help, but am I able to take a .pdf file and edit it
> > with any of these programs. What I am trying to do is take a .pdf file and be
> > able to (for example) sign it or add something to it (like a contract) and
> > send it back to whomever.
> >
> > "offen rong" wrote:
>
> What you may be looking for is PDFill 3.0: http://www.pdfill.com/. With
> it, some pdf documents can be filled in or edited directly if they are
> set up for that or, if not, PDFill allows the user to fill in text as if
> it were a drawing program. You then save it as a pdf, close and open
> the document in Reader. Nifty program that impresses.
>
> Gene

Adobe Acrobat Professional.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban

aka Crusty (-: Old B@stard :)

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be able
> edit them?

On Wed, 9 Mar 2005 19:45:02 -0800, "walt"
<walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote:

>Thanks everyone for the help, but am I able to take a .pdf file and edit it
>with any of these programs. What I am trying to do is take a .pdf file and be
>able to (for example) sign it or add something to it (like a contract) and
>send it back to whomever.
>
>"offen rong" wrote:

Foxit will do that. It cost $99.00
www.foxitsoftware.com

I have not tried it.

Greg R

You need the full Acrobat product the reader is just that - a reader for PDF
files.

"walt" <walt@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
>I have acrobat reader, but what do you use to create the files and be able
> edit them?

$300?? It costs $599 Australian $$