Ad_Aware SE which setting

G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Which setting do I use:

Perform Smart Scan or Perform Full System Scan??

MB
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

MB_ wrote:
> Which setting do I use:
>
> Perform Smart Scan or Perform Full System Scan??
>
> MB
>
>

It would be wise to do a Full System Scan upon the
completion of the initial installation and repeat
until all of the adware has been removed. And for
touch-ups afterwards, a "Smart Scan". Moreover, if
there is concern about an adware attack, it would
be worthwhile to repeat with a Full System Scan.
 

Boy

Distinguished
Jan 12, 2005
6
0
18,510
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
news:Fk0Fd.636$Jt1.421@fe06.lga...
> Which setting do I use:
>
> Perform Smart Scan or Perform Full System Scan??
>
> MB
>

I always use full but go to the help and read about what each does before
you decide

dj
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote in message
news:Fk0Fd.636$Jt1.421@fe06.lga...
> Which setting do I use:
>
> Perform Smart Scan or Perform Full System Scan??
>
> MB
>

Run the full scan.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:

>"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote

>> Which setting do I use:
>>
>> Perform Smart Scan or Perform Full System Scan??

>Run the full scan.

Agree with S Lewis. Taking as a given that you practice "safe
computing", particularly, in the case of Adware/Spyware, when
surfing the Web into the somewhat "wilder" regions; use a good AV
program to monitor your drives, incoming email, etc.; a weekly
run of your AV/anti-AW-SW tools should be sufficient, at least
IME. Since I do it weekly, I just pick a time when I won't be
computing [say, while I'm watching the Redskins Sunday and
getting totally teed off at them] and run the full scans using
the AV and my AdAware and Spybot S&D. With my computers, the AV
run is ~30 min, and the two AW/SW programs take about 15 min each
or less. An hour and I'm done for the week. And the Redskins
still have plenty of time to blow the game.
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 

Jd

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
470
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
(that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
simply add to windows bloat? i'm already up to my ears in security
software and what i use seems to do a good job. because this tool comes
from ms do you think it may offer something more, or perhaps just more
of the same? any replys are welcome and appreciated : )
 

Jd

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
470
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

lot's of great info. thanks! and sorry for the somewhat vague ms/
windows update info of my initial post. end of the day fatigue is
kicking in!
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I'm having a bit of trouble here deciding when to run Ad-Aware. The Redskins
season is over. I guess that I can run Ad-Aware during the NFL playoffs, but
after the Super Bowl, what then? Do I have to wait until March Madness?

:) Ben Myers

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 10:52:56 -0500, Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>"S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
>>"MB_" <mel@prodigy.invalid.net> wrote
>
>>> Which setting do I use:
>>>
>>> Perform Smart Scan or Perform Full System Scan??
>
>>Run the full scan.
>
>Agree with S Lewis. Taking as a given that you practice "safe
>computing", particularly, in the case of Adware/Spyware, when
>surfing the Web into the somewhat "wilder" regions; use a good AV
>program to monitor your drives, incoming email, etc.; a weekly
>run of your AV/anti-AW-SW tools should be sufficient, at least
>IME. Since I do it weekly, I just pick a time when I won't be
>computing [say, while I'm watching the Redskins Sunday and
>getting totally teed off at them] and run the full scans using
>the AV and my AdAware and Spybot S&D. With my computers, the AV
>run is ~30 min, and the two AW/SW programs take about 15 min each
>or less. An hour and I'm done for the week. And the Redskins
>still have plenty of time to blow the game.
>--
>OJ III
>[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
>Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:

>I'm having a bit of trouble here deciding when to run Ad-Aware. The Redskins
>season is over. I guess that I can run Ad-Aware during the NFL playoffs, but
>after the Super Bowl, what then? Do I have to wait until March Madness?
>
>:) Ben Myers

I take it, then, that you are single, Ben. During the NFL -
March Madness interregnum, my "honey" puts me to work full-time
Sundays on her "honey-do" list. The only break I get is that
time starting AV/AA/SBS&D and then checking the results. ;->

[While she watches the Pro roundball games that I never got into.
If I'd ever gotten into NBA basketball and/or hockey, I'd be home
free all year.]

[Ssssuuuurrrreeee, I would.]
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
2,366
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1105653290.200712.45210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
> apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
> windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
> (that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
> simply add to windows bloat? i'm already up to my ears in security
> software and what i use seems to do a good job. because this tool comes
> from ms do you think it may offer something more, or perhaps just more
> of the same? any replys are welcome and appreciated : )
>

What program are you referring to? Ad Aware SE is not from MS (Microsoft)
it's from Lavasoft.

I use the free anti-spyware tools/software and these free programs are ok.
But if your serious about keeping your system clean I have found that
the pay versions like Webroot's Spy Sweeper and CA Pest Patrol
finds spyware that Ad Aware SE or Spybot 1.3 don't or can't find.

Don't believe me try these free online scans and see.

Pest Patrol Online Scan
http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm

Spy Sweeper Online Scan
http://www.webroot.com/services/spyaudit_03.htm

Note: The above 2 URL's will only find spyware won't remove
the spyware unless you download and install the shareware
version or pay versions.

Microsoft has released a free Anti-Spyware software
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
I have tried this also, works well.
Note: this software is in Beta..meaning it's brand new software.
The core of this software is formerly Giant Anti-Spyware software.
Microsoft recently bought out Giant.


Steve
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote:

>since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
>apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
>windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
>(that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
>simply add to windows bloat? i'm already up to my ears in security
>software and what i use seems to do a good job. because this tool comes
>from ms do you think it may offer something more, or perhaps just more
>of the same? any replys are welcome and appreciated : )

They just licensed/bought out one of the existing
anti-adware/spyware programs out there [forgot what it was now,
it was named on the page you could download the beta version
from].

It's apparently out of beta, and on the autoupdate/security
update cycle, since my computer notified me and I let it
download/install. Wait a minute while I check a couple of things

.... ... ... ...

Hmm. Seems two different things. The Malicious Software Removal
Tool is, sort of, a Windoze 2K+ specific AV supplement to
whatever your current AV is:

Malicious Software Removal Tool - January 2005 (KB890830)
This tool checks your computer for infection by specific,
prevalent malicious software (including Blaster, Sasser, and
Mydoom) and helps remove any variants found. You should also use
an antivirus product to remove other malicious software that may
be present. This tool helps maintain your computer, and its
appearance does not indicate that your machine is infected with
malicious software. After you run this item, you may have to
restart your computer.
Help and support
http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=39987

Turns out, if you read the info on that link, it isn't exactly
installed, just registered.

And it *is* a *removal* tool. Apparently run from MS to /remove/
an infection by one of the virus/trojans/worms involved.

The Windows AntiSpyware Beta is still a beta, and is covered at:

http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

[And it is the Giant AntiSpyware program, viz:

"For Users of Giant AntiSpyware:
Current Giant AntiSpyware users with active subscriptions are
advised to continue to use their existing software."]

For the nonce, I'll ignore the Beta, and think about what to do
when it comes out of Beta and Windoze puts it on the update list,
either the auto "security" ones, or on the "nice to have"
"voluntary" side.

[I don't have the full auto update set, which auto downloads
installs the security ones, just the notification part, that
allows me to decide if/when to download a security upgrade.]
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:7asdu0l82laocme1ep91ntqc9umoutct5p@4ax.com...
> "jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote:
>
>>since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
>>apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
>>windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
>>(that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
>>simply add to windows bloat? i'm already up to my ears in security
>>software and what i use seems to do a good job. because this tool comes
>>from ms do you think it may offer something more, or perhaps just more
>>of the same? any replys are welcome and appreciated : )
>


<snip>


The software program was formerly sold under the name "Giant" anti-spyware.
From what I've read, MS changed very little about it.

I've had it installed for about 2 weeks now. While overall performance
results aren't conclusive at this early stage, I like it. It does find
entries that AdAware and even SpyBot do not.

This new MS app runs real-time in your systray and actively flags suspect
activities. Any love affair I might have with it will be gone if MS
pretends to charge me for it.

The program is also tagged to "expire" in July 2005. We shall see.


Stew
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:

[Snipped all the rest]
><snip>


>The software program was formerly sold under the name "Giant" anti-spyware.
>From what I've read, MS changed very little about it.
>
>I've had it installed for about 2 weeks now. While overall performance
>results aren't conclusive at this early stage, I like it. It does find
>entries that AdAware and even SpyBot do not.
>
>This new MS app runs real-time in your systray and actively flags suspect
>activities. Any love affair I might have with it will be gone if MS
>pretends to charge me for it.

While impressions where M$ is concerned are dangerous, I am under
the impression that this is another part of their, probably
futile, attempt to overcome their reputation as a company that
doesn't give a hoot for the security holes in their products.
And if that take making anti-spyware a part of WinXP, for free,
that's what they'll do.

Thank for the info, though, on your use of it. First person I've
heard from that actually installed it. [Not as bad as it sounds,
all I've seen are the press releases and columns based on the
press releases - this is word one from a real user.] Think I'll
give it a try.

>The program is also tagged to "expire" in July 2005. We shall see.

Which I suspect means they feel the program is solid, and will be
out of beta and into the update stream well before July.
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

Single? Nah. Not even close... Ben

On Thu, 13 Jan 2005 12:36:08 -0500, Ogden Johnson III <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote:

>ben_myers_spam_me_not @ charter.net (Ben Myers) wrote:
>
>>I'm having a bit of trouble here deciding when to run Ad-Aware. The Redskins
>>season is over. I guess that I can run Ad-Aware during the NFL playoffs, but
>>after the Super Bowl, what then? Do I have to wait until March Madness?
>>
>>:) Ben Myers
>
>I take it, then, that you are single, Ben. During the NFL -
>March Madness interregnum, my "honey" puts me to work full-time
>Sundays on her "honey-do" list. The only break I get is that
>time starting AV/AA/SBS&D and then checking the results. ;->
>
>[While she watches the Pro roundball games that I never got into.
>If I'd ever gotten into NBA basketball and/or hockey, I'd be home
>free all year.]
>
>[Ssssuuuurrrreeee, I would.]
>--
>OJ III
>[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
>Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
2,366
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:mh2eu0dusqktud6urjcjvjone6kr9efer3@4ax.com...
> "S.Lewis" <stew1960@cover.bellsouth.net> wrote:
>
> [Snipped all the rest]
>><snip>
>
>
>>The software program was formerly sold under the name "Giant"
>>anti-spyware.
>>From what I've read, MS changed very little about it.
>>
>>I've had it installed for about 2 weeks now. While overall performance
>>results aren't conclusive at this early stage, I like it. It does find
>>entries that AdAware and even SpyBot do not.
>>
>>This new MS app runs real-time in your systray and actively flags suspect
>>activities. Any love affair I might have with it will be gone if MS
>>pretends to charge me for it.
>
> While impressions where M$ is concerned are dangerous, I am under
> the impression that this is another part of their, probably
> futile, attempt to overcome their reputation as a company that
> doesn't give a hoot for the security holes in their products.
> And if that take making anti-spyware a part of WinXP, for free,
> that's what they'll do.
>
> Thank for the info, though, on your use of it. First person I've
> heard from that actually installed it. [Not as bad as it sounds,
> all I've seen are the press releases and columns based on the
> press releases - this is word one from a real user.] Think I'll
> give it a try.
>
>>The program is also tagged to "expire" in July 2005. We shall see.
>
> Which I suspect means they feel the program is solid, and will be
> out of beta and into the update stream well before July.
> --
> OJ III
> [Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
> Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]

Yes Microsoft Windows does have it's problems,
but then again no Operating System is completely
safe or 100% secure. Checkout Linux operating systems and others
here http://www.ciac.org/ciac/bulletinsByType/bul_vendor_list.html

Steve
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Infinion" <g.strait@somewhere.com> wrote:

>I too have been running the MS Anti Spyware product for about two weeks. So
>far I like what I see. I put Ad-Aware SE on the shelf for awhile due to the
>fact MS found several entries Ad-Aware missed. As far as SpyBot is concerned
>I run it first as a comparison factor. So far MS Anti-Spyware and my paid
>Spyware Doctor both out perform SpyBot. Anyways it's whatever works for you
>as to your internet surfing habits.

That's two for two, you and Stew, so I think I definitely will go
ahead and try it out. I get the impression that the
anti-adware/spyware crowd don't exchange info as much on new
threats as the AV people do, so for now I'll still use at least
two or three. Hadn't checked out Spyware Doctor at this point,
so I'll take a peek at it. Still mulling over which of the paid
ones I'll get.
--
OJ III
[Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Ogden Johnson III" <oj3usmc@yahoo.com> wrote in message
news:5b7eu0pro6p2rbv0d0gco49oh78ejgspd3@4ax.com...
> "Infinion" <g.strait@somewhere.com> wrote:
>
>>I too have been running the MS Anti Spyware product for about two weeks.
>>So
>>far I like what I see. I put Ad-Aware SE on the shelf for awhile due to
>>the
>>fact MS found several entries Ad-Aware missed. As far as SpyBot is
>>concerned
>>I run it first as a comparison factor. So far MS Anti-Spyware and my paid
>>Spyware Doctor both out perform SpyBot. Anyways it's whatever works for
>>you
>>as to your internet surfing habits.
>
> That's two for two, you and Stew, so I think I definitely will go
> ahead and try it out. I get the impression that the
> anti-adware/spyware crowd don't exchange info as much on new
> threats as the AV people do, so for now I'll still use at least
> two or three. Hadn't checked out Spyware Doctor at this point,
> so I'll take a peek at it. Still mulling over which of the paid
> ones I'll get.
> --
> OJ III
> [Email to Yahoo address may be burned before reading.
> Lower and crunch the sig and you'll net me at comcast.]


I'm sort of surprised that the Giant software hadn't gotten any play in this
very newsgroup. To be honest, I don't recall ever having heard of it - or
if so not much. Perhaps they operated on a pay-only basis with limited or no
demos of the software.

Along with the real-time systray function/updates, it also has a feature
that (if the user decides to enable and participate) reports found spyware
to a shared database to monitor infection activity.

I read an article (in Eweek, I believe) that stated, in effect, this version
is really not a 'beta' at all but rather the Giant software nearly
identically tagged with the MS logo.

Stew
 

Jd

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
470
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I assume you are talking about the Windows patch that was just
released
>> this week, and not what all the other posters are talking about,
since
>> that's the way it was titled. I let it install and didn't see any c
in boot and load time at all.
 

Jd

Distinguished
Mar 31, 2004
470
0
18,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

I assume you are talking about the Windows patch that was just released
>> this week, and not what all the other posters are talking about,
since
>> that's the way it was titled
yes, tom! that's
exactly what i was talking about. could not think of the term patch at
the time for the life of me. where is my mind today? (please no reply's
to that question)! thanks for the specific info as boot time, load
time, and system slowdown is always a concern of mine when patching up
windows. i was one of the first to jump on sp2 when it first came out
and needed to promptly uninstall as it glitched up my system but good.
gave it a few months till the kinks were worked out and it was perfect.
but still i'm a bit wary.
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote in message
news:1105653290.200712.45210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
> since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
> apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
> windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
> (that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
> simply add to windows bloat?

I assume you are talking about the Windows patch that was just released this
week, and not what all the other posters are talking about, since that's the
way it was titled. I let it install and didn't see any change in boot and
load time at all. It did run a test & I think it will only kick in again if
something gets through all the holes in the fence!!

Tom J
 

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
2,366
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
news:34onoqF48us29U1@individual.net...
>
> "jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote in message
> news:1105653290.200712.45210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>> since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
>> apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
>> windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
>> (that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
>> simply add to windows bloat?
>
> I assume you are talking about the Windows patch that was just released
> this week, and not what all the other posters are talking about, since
> that's the way it was titled. I let it install and didn't see any change
> in boot and load time at all. It did run a test & I think it will only
> kick in again if something gets through all the holes in the fence!!
>
> Tom J
>
No... we are talking about a free beta program that you have to download
Microsoft Anti-Spyware
http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
not to be confused with the recent patches from www.windowsupdate.com

Steve
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Steve" <two_one@w7.org> wrote in message
news:EJGFd.24525$Wo.10275@lakeread08...
>
> "Tom J" <tomj_ga@despammed.com> wrote in message
> news:34onoqF48us29U1@individual.net...
>>
>> "jd" <sickboy2all@aol.com> wrote in message
>> news:1105653290.200712.45210@f14g2000cwb.googlegroups.com...
>>> since we are on the topic of internet security(and football,
>>> apparently. long suffering dophins fan here) for those of you who use
>>> windows , do you think thier new "malicious software removal tool"
>>> (that's what my update list calls it) is worth a download, or will it
>>> simply add to windows bloat?
>>
>> I assume you are talking about the Windows patch that was just released
>> this week, and not what all the other posters are talking about, since
>> that's the way it was titled. I let it install and didn't see any change
>> in boot and load time at all. It did run a test & I think it will only
>> kick in again if something gets through all the holes in the fence!!
>>
>> Tom J
>>
> No... we are talking about a free beta program that you have to download
> Microsoft Anti-Spyware
> http://www.microsoft.com/athome/security/spyware/software/default.mspx
> not to be confused with the recent patches from www.windowsupdate.com

I put that on 1 computer to give it a try. Turned off Ad Aware SE 1st. It
checked the drive and found nothing. I then restarted Ad Aware SE and there
was MS buddy "Hit Box" sitting there!! I un-installed the MS beta and moved
on. I rather have the independent!!

Tom J
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

> http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm

While it found VNC & Edonkey (both installed with my knowledge), it
reported a BHO that does _not_ exist on my computer (checked with
HijackThis!) called VX2

There may be an obscure redundant registry entry, but without any of the
components that make this spyware operate i`d class it as scaremongering
to sell their product...

--
Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
--- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
 

steve

Distinguished
Sep 10, 2003
2,366
0
19,780
0
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

"Colin Wilson" <void@btinternet.com> wrote in message
news:MPG.1c5116f3c3383ab898acd4@news.individual.net...
>> http://store.ca.com/v2.0-img/operations/safer/site/ab/promo53025.htm
>
> While it found VNC & Edonkey (both installed with my knowledge), it
> reported a BHO that does _not_ exist on my computer (checked with
> HijackThis!) called VX2
>
> There may be an obscure redundant registry entry, but without any of the
> components that make this spyware operate i`d class it as scaremongering
> to sell their product...
>
> --
> Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
> --- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---

Yes the Pest Patrol can be extreme..The Spy Sweeper scan is more
in line in my opinion.
One of my friends had a bad infection from gator spyware and pest patrol
was the only one so far that prevented gator from coming back.

http://www.webroot.com/services/spyaudit_03.htm


Steve
 
G

Guest

Guest
Archived from groups: alt.sys.pc-clone.dell (More info?)

> There may be an obscure redundant registry entry, but without any of the
> components that make this spyware operate i`d class it as scaremongering
> to sell their product...

Just checked the entry manually in the registry, and they are reporting
VX2 as being an open source CD extractor from sourceforge.net which I
think I can fairly safely rule out !

--
Please add "[newsgroup]" in the subject of any personal replies via email
--- My new email address has "ngspamtrap" & @btinternet.com in it ;-) ---
 

ASK THE COMMUNITY