Question adapter for my headphones

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
i have a faulty microphone socket in my Case.. is there any kind of adapter, connector or something with one jack so i could connect my headphones (speaker and mic) in it?.. if there is can i see some picture or a name? thanks

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
I suspect strongly that you have a headset with a 3.5mm male plug on the end with FOUR contacts: Tip, Ring1, Ring2, and Sleeve, called a TRRS plug. Looks like these

https://www.primecables.ca/p-370661...hAMVc1pHAR0Qbgk4EAQYASABEgIHG_D_BwE#sku383487

But you are trying to plug that into TWO separate sockets on your computer case that do accept the plug, but it still does not work. Is that right?

If that's your issue, then there IS a simple adapter for this, like this

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-Computer-Smartphone-Headset/dp/B01MQZ2023/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3VGSO5J2IN4CM&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.zrHHEpmxZMQ3oOEnJVdL4yW_8wKW1Xm_9FTv85qmhrxyfdk9EYKWg_N0vCJKevNRJ0sJ-_S-66vY90z-b05k0O-XNb_S_lJ8-pK2xopoRsmQmtZtuxcv7wMoWA9-5ZNc8cNgKaW5U-7rxU17mq1KSW4s5Ya_RBgnAFFb-355P-gpRJvBN_qzrRIhvWHWRNwxEaD5a5CCo9w5DMO5hvp2iA8lxYzA81hTHCoS7GB9xz8.NPLDhbSE7tuleLiWuj0KSWoe_hJgrKw1Ti3eNPiuEgU&dib_tag=se&keywords=headset+adapter+for+pc&qid=1709744863&sprefix=Headset+adapter,aps,116&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

The 4-contact TRRS plug is used in lots of audio systems, notably in Apples systems. Its 4 contacts are for a common Ground plus the + terminals of the Left and Right earphones and the Mic. However, the most common system on computers uses separate sockets for the two earphone channels and for the Mic. This also is very widely used. This system has THREE contacts on the jack. So you can see in the link above that its male plugs have three contacts. On your computer case it is common that the socket for the MIC is pink, and for the two earphones is GREEN or maybe BLACK.

Last edited:

whiteknights

Distinguished
Sep 28, 2013
I suspect strongly that you have a headset with a 3.5mm male plug on the end with FOUR contacts: Tip, Ring1, Ring2, and Sleeve, called a TRRS plug. Looks like these

https://www.primecables.ca/p-370661...hAMVc1pHAR0Qbgk4EAQYASABEgIHG_D_BwE#sku383487

But you are trying to plug that into TWO separate sockets on your computer case that do accept the plug, but it still does not work. Is that right?

If that's your issue, then there IS a simple adapter for this, like this

https://www.amazon.com/Headphone-Splitter-Computer-Smartphone-Headset/dp/B01MQZ2023/ref=sr_1_1_sspa?crid=3VGSO5J2IN4CM&dib=eyJ2IjoiMSJ9.zrHHEpmxZMQ3oOEnJVdL4yW_8wKW1Xm_9FTv85qmhrxyfdk9EYKWg_N0vCJKevNRJ0sJ-_S-66vY90z-b05k0O-XNb_S_lJ8-pK2xopoRsmQmtZtuxcv7wMoWA9-5ZNc8cNgKaW5U-7rxU17mq1KSW4s5Ya_RBgnAFFb-355P-gpRJvBN_qzrRIhvWHWRNwxEaD5a5CCo9w5DMO5hvp2iA8lxYzA81hTHCoS7GB9xz8.NPLDhbSE7tuleLiWuj0KSWoe_hJgrKw1Ti3eNPiuEgU&dib_tag=se&keywords=headset+adapter+for+pc&qid=1709744863&sprefix=Headset+adapter,aps,116&sr=8-1-spons&sp_csd=d2lkZ2V0TmFtZT1zcF9hdGY&psc=1

The 4-contact TRRS plug is used in lots of audio systems, notably in Apples systems. Its 4 contacts are for a common Ground plus the + terminals of the Left and Right earphones and the Mic. However, the most common system on computers uses separate sockets for the two earphone channels and for the Mic. This also is very widely used. This system has THREE contacts on the jack. So you can see in the link above that its male plugs have three contacts. On your computer case it is common that the socket for the MIC is pink, and for the two earphones is GREEN or maybe BLACK.
thanks.. so i should insert any one of the two in this adapter?

Paperdoc

Polypheme
Ambassador
"one of the two ...". I'm not sure I understand your question. Am I right that your SINGLE male jack on the end of the headset cable has FOUR contacts - the TRRS system? If so, then you plug that into the single female connector on the adapter. Then you must pay attention to the colour coding OR diagrams on the two MALE plugs of the adapter. One goes to your case's earphone jack, and the other to the case mic jack. Commonly the mic jack is coded pink.