[SOLVED] Adapter VGA to HDMI with audio makes a strange constant noise ?

Dec 6, 2020
Hi everyone one, I'm new on this forum. I have converted my old laptop (HP probook 6550b) into a desktop PC. The motherboard has only VGA so I bought an adapter VGA to HDMI with audio. Everything works fine except for the audio because from the speakers a constant noise come out. Sounds like a found loop, which I don't know what does mean, I just red it on internet Hahah.

Anyway I have tried to unplug everything from the PC cos I red that maybe some device could interfere but it seems not working. The adapter is powered with a USB cable, at the beginning it was plugged directly on the motherboard and now I I plugged on a separate plug but nothing change. Could someone please help me out with this problem?
I have tried to write as good as possible I apologize if I make mistakes I'm not english.

Thank you in advance!

Solution
Hi everyone one, I'm new on this forum. I have converted my old laptop (HP probook 6550b) into a desktop PC. The motherboard has only VGA so I bought an adapter VGA to HDMI with audio. Everything works fine except for the audio because from the speakers a constant noise come out. Sounds like a found loop, which I don't know what does mean, I just red it on internet Hahah.

Anyway I have tried to unplug everything from the PC cos I red that maybe some device could interfere but it seems not working. The adapter is powered with a USB cable, at the beginning it was plugged directly on the motherboard and now I I plugged on a separate plug but nothing change. Could someone please help me out with this problem?
I have tried to write as...
Dec 6, 2020
I was thinking that too. It's just because with the audio already plugged in was easier. I will try to connect the speakers straight to the laptop.
Thank you!

Dec 6, 2020
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

You might want to stop getting audio out of that VGA port. If anything, use the analog audio ports on the laptop to get sound out to your speakers.
Hi again! Today I plugged a jack ti jack cable from the laptop to the speakers and the noise it's still there, even if I put down the volume of the speakers to zero.
😭

I have tried to write as good as possible I apologize if I make mistakes I'm not english.

Thank you in advance!

You probably mean ground loop not found loop. Return that adapter and try another one.

Solution