Upon clicking the Add/Remove Tool icon in the control panel, I receive
a pop-up message "run a dll as an App has encountered a problem and
must close".

I am running WinXP Home SP2.

I tried system restore from several points and was unsuccessful in
solving the above issue.

I did a "google" and couldn't find anything on the above.

Also, I have lost all my "themes".

These seem to be the only problems.

I recently did a registry cleanup using" RegDoc" which assured me that
it doesn't do anything to screw things up.
I also restored the "RegDoc" prior to the cleanup.

Nada.

Any advice would be appreciated.

TIA

Grant Ames
New York

See if this is any help
http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/threadedpost124986.html#post124986

<ggames@direcway.com> wrote in message
> Upon clicking the Add/Remove Tool icon in the control panel, I receive
> a pop-up message "run a dll as an App has encountered a problem and
> must close".
>
> I am running WinXP Home SP2.
>
> I tried system restore from several points and was unsuccessful in
> solving the above issue.
>
> I did a "google" and couldn't find anything on the above.
>
> Also, I have lost all my "themes".
>
> These seem to be the only problems.
>
> I recently did a registry cleanup using" RegDoc" which assured me that
> it doesn't do anything to screw things up.
> I also restored the "RegDoc" prior to the cleanup.
>
> Nada.
>
> Any advice would be appreciated.
>
> TIA
>
> Grant Ames
> New York

On Wed, 08 Jun 2005 20:21:20 GMT, "Rich Barry"
<rbarryNot@socal.rr.com> wrote:

> See if this is any help
> http://www.daniweb.com/techtalkforums/threadedpost124986.html#post124986
>

><ggames@direcway.com> wrote in message
>> Upon clicking the Add/Remove Tool icon in the control panel, I receive
>> a pop-up message "run a dll as an App has encountered a problem and
>> must close".
>>
>> I am running WinXP Home SP2.
>>
>> I tried system restore from several points and was unsuccessful in
>> solving the above issue.
>>
>> I did a "google" and couldn't find anything on the above.
>>
>> Also, I have lost all my "themes".
>>
>> These seem to be the only problems.
>>
>> I recently did a registry cleanup using" RegDoc" which assured me that
>> it doesn't do anything to screw things up.
>> I also restored the "RegDoc" prior to the cleanup.
>>
>> Nada.
>>
>> Any advice would be appreciated.
>>
>> TIA
>>
>> Grant Ames