ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Hi there,
I'm trying to play Call of Duty MW Mp and Warzone, and am suffering many issues with running the game, fps drops, stuttering freezing etc.
I was checking the system requirements and saw minimum ram is 8gb, and have seen the games very hungry on ram.
My Pc specs;
i7-3770
Gigabyte b75-d3v Mobo
8gb of cheap DDR3 ram and unsure of what speed, it's what the shop built my pc with before i knew how to pick parts!
Gtx 1080 8gb
xfx 650w psu.

My rig should theoretically run it absolutely fine if it wasn't for the ram. Now my question is, i have some 2gb sticks of ddr3 dominator ram at 1866mhz that my friend gave me some years ago.
Can I add these sticks to make it up to the 12gb recommended? Ive seen people mix and match but I don't know if there's anything i need to do to get it to work? Any help you can give would be massively appreciated as it's starting to drive me insane ahaha!
Cheers - Matty

Solution
Buying open box from reputable sellers won't be an issue as they don't allow the 'buy and swap with your crap for a refund' stuff that Amazon and others do.

I would also check your banking for the modules as you may still be able to run them all at like 1066 or 1333 if that's what they default to. I would reset your bios settings to default and then try the new modules. I would also try the modules your friend gave you by themselves as it sounds like they were bad from the get-go. If so, you may be able to warranty them.

Rafiul27

Honorable
Jan 13, 2014
I'm having the same issue with MWF warzone. Though, my build is much more newer, with i5 8600k and gtx1060 but 8gb RAM OC at 3200mhz.

I've read on many forums that the issue lies with RAM, the recommended minimum is actually 12GB for MWF warzone. I tested it myself, i went into game and already my ram usage was maxing out at 90%+

In response to your question, plug it in and run the PC, if you get no BSOD errors and the game runs, that's all good. If your PC doesn't boot, go in to your BIOS and manually set the clock speeds and timings and run ALL 4 sticks at a common setting, which is usually the lowest. If that still doesn't work, then your last choice is to find more of the same type of RAM you already have.

Reactions: ThatGhilliedGuy

ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Okay so I tried to do a memtest.
Firstly i tried with everything running together, the test didnt complete a single pass with already having 70+ errors...
I then tested individually.
On the corsair ram thats not installed normally, the two sticks i picked ran a full 4 passes with no errors.
Now then the ram thats installed normally is S-power 4gb 1600mhz x 2 (SP004GBLTU160v02) (16v) i went to memtest this and the pc would reboot before completing a single pass? I honestly dont know whats happening there?
My thinking is that i might buy a 16gb 2x8 kit of hyper x, and sell the stuff i have to recoop the costs.
Any other options?
Cheers
Matty

Buying open box from reputable sellers won't be an issue as they don't allow the 'buy and swap with your crap for a refund' stuff that Amazon and others do.

I would also check your banking for the modules as you may still be able to run them all at like 1066 or 1333 if that's what they default to. I would reset your bios settings to default and then try the new modules. I would also try the modules your friend gave you by themselves as it sounds like they were bad from the get-go. If so, you may be able to warranty them.

Solution

ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015

Yeah i got them from a well known shop so i should be fine, and use them a lot and have never had any issues. With regards to the setting of speeds, auto setting in bios wound everything down to 1333 and it didnt solve anything still produced 70+ errors in not even a full single pass. When you mention the ram my friend gave me, if that didn't show any errors then how come that would be bad from get-go? Have i missed something, im new to this sorry ahaha. And with regards to warranty, they're old sticks and i have no proof of purchase so im guessing any rma is out of question?
Thanks - Matty

ThatGhilliedGuy

Distinguished
Jun 20, 2015
Gotcha. I'm confused about your friend's ram--did it show errors or not when tested by itself? If it did, then it's not good. As far as warranty, only one way to find out--contact them and see.
Sorry my post isn't too clear i guess? The ram my friend gave me is the corsair dominator series. When I ran these sticks by themselves the test would run and pass with no issues. It was only when I went to combine the ram with my current sticks, is when I encountered errors and issues.