My computer, running Windows XP Professional (Svc. Pack 2), was running fine
when I left work. When I returned, the screen was blank. I can't get in to
windows at all. When trying to chkdsk, it asked for an administrator
password. The person who originally set up the computer no longer works for
the company. Is there any way to by-pass the administrator password to run
this chkdsk off of a cd?

Start here:

Jupiter Jones [MVP]
http://www3.telus.net/dandemar