Dec 7, 2020
Hello,
I hope you are doing good. I want one advice about upgrading my System for Gaming. I have Intel Xeon E5-2660 2.2Ghz (8c 16t) with 16GB 1600Mhz Ram on Dell T3610. Should I just go with it and buy an AMD Sapphire Nitro+ Rx 570 GB Graphics card or the other option is to sell this PC and buy a Custom based Ryzen 5 3400G (4c 8t) with 8GB Ram and Msi Board. Both of these options are of the cost the same. I think that If I go for Ryzen I might get a better CPU but the Ryzen's Internal Vega 11 GPU might not be able to beat with AMD RX 570. However, the thing which confuses me is that after watching videos both gives almost the same fps (Ryzen got a little better). Also, Ryzen would have better upgrading options in future which my Dell Precision T3610 might not have. Any suggestion will be appreciated.

• Your E5-2660 may have a lot of cores, but they're 8 year old cores (IPC) and the frequency is quite low.
    • Performance in most games starts to level off after you reach/exceed 8 threads. There are some outliers on each side of course
    • The E5's biggest limitation is in per-core performance/frequency compared to modern CPUs
  • An RX570 8GB (should cost $150 in USA...pre-COVID) would STOMP a Ryzen 3400G IGP.
  • Certainly you can drop a much more potent CPU into a new AM4 mobo than the 3400G at a later date, whereas the T3610 has no CPU upgrade path worth pursuing.
    • An RX570 can obviously be transferred to a new/different system at a later date.
What's your upgrade budget?
What country are you shopping in?
When you say "Custom based" does that mean you're assembling the parts yourself, or that you're buying a pre-built (not necessarily Dell/HP/etc, but...)

Dec 7, 2020
  • Your E5-2660 may have a lot of cores, but they're 8 year old cores (IPC) and the frequency is quite low.
    • Performance in most games starts to level off after you reach/exceed 8 threads. There are some outliers on each side of course
    • The E5's biggest limitation is in per-core performance/frequency compared to modern CPUs
  • An RX570 8GB (should cost $150 in USA...pre-COVID) would STOMP a Ryzen 3400G IGP.
  • Certainly you can drop a much more potent CPU into a new AM4 mobo than the 3400G at a later date, whereas the T3610 has no CPU upgrade path worth pursuing.
    • An RX570 can obviously be transferred to a new/different system at a later date.
What's your upgrade budget?
What country are you shopping in?
When you say "Custom based" does that mean you're assembling the parts yourself, or that you're buying a pre-built (not necessarily Dell/HP/etc, but...)
Hey, Thanks for Your Reply. I am in Pakistan and my Budget is max 60000 PKR ( around 375 USD). I have searched the whole market and these are the choices I have on this budget. Also, I can buy a Core i7-4790 System with Rx 570 on this Budget. Yes "Custom based" means buying separate parts and then assembling them together. I can also buy Ryzen 5 2600 (which has better benchmarks than 3200G) but again the problem is I would have to spend more on a good GPU :)

Some games are cpu limited and some are gpu limited.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
The 570 card you listed needs both a 6 and an 8 pin aux psu power connector.
Does your psu have those leads?
If not, change something, either the gpu or the psu.
Adapters are not a good solution,

Reactions: hannankhan
Dec 7, 2020
The 570 card you listed needs both a 6 and an 8 pin aux psu power connector.
Does your psu have those leads?
If not, change something, either the gpu or the psu.
Adapters are not a good solution,
Well I have 685W Dell PSU with 2x6-pin connectors. I will use one 6-pin to 8-pin converter and I believe 685W is enough for this Card. My system also supports 1300W PSU.

Dec 7, 2020
Some games are cpu limited and some are gpu limited.
Try this simple test:
Run YOUR games, but lower your resolution and eye candy.
This makes the graphics card loaf a bit.
If your FPS increases, it indicates that your cpu is strong enough to drive a better graphics configuration.
If your FPS stays the same, you are likely more cpu limited.
I don't think so my CPU will bottleneck on this card. Bottleneck check.