Question Afraid my CPU cooler might interfere with RAM on mobo

SirAchesis

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019
So I have this mobo

Planning on upgrading from my stock cooler to the Gammax 400 from deepcool.

Since the RAM slots are pretty close to the CPU socket I want to make sure the cooler will fit without intefering with the RAM.

SirAchesis

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019

While that has some useful info it doesn't really answer the exact question I'm asking.
I'd like to know if the CPU cooler is wide enough to be ontop of the RAM slots.

Even covering 1 RAM slot is too much so it's important.

Even on a four DIMM slot board, with all DIMMs populated, it doesn't cover it, as shown in the link that I provided, so it should be fine even with tall Trident Z or Ripjaws sticks.

Unfortunately Deepcool does not have a motherboard compatibility chart like Noctua and some others have, so I can't say for sure. That is a fairly slim cooler and I doubt you'll have issues with RAM clearance. I don't see any confirmation through any searches for that cooler on that board so I doubt there is any to be found.

SirAchesis

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019
Even on a four DIMM slot board, with all DIMMs populated, it doesn't cover it, as shown in the link that I provided, so it should be fine even with tall Trident Z or Ripjaws sticks.

Unfortunately Deepcool does not have a motherboard compatibility chart like Noctua and some others have, so I can't say for sure. That is a fairly slim cooler and I doubt you'll have issues with RAM clearance. I don't see any confirmation through any searches for that cooler on that board so I doubt there is any to be found.

Okay, I'll go ahead and order it and report back once I actually get it

I think it will be ok. Be sure to try a dry run before actually installing it with paste etc., just to be sure there will be clearance. If there is not enough clearance you can always return it and look at models which are offset more for memory clearance. Should be fine though.

SirAchesis

Prominent
Mar 9, 2019
So yeah, finally got the part and put it in.
Had no issues with the ram, it got pretty close but it fit.
I will say that, with my Asus Geforce GTX 1060 Dual Oc 6gb GPU I could only fit the cooler one way, because of the little slip on the side of the cooler.

But, as long as I had the "thing" on the other side I had no issues with the cooler.

deepcool_gammaxx_300_cpu_cooler_1209867.jpg

That thing sticking out on the bottom right side)