[SOLVED] After a restart something is wrong with my ssd

agis89

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
Hello. So, the issue that i am having is that after 3 years with my 850 evo ssd suddenly i cant boot from it. I tried unpplugging alla the usb, unpplugging my HDD etc . The only solution so far was to boot from the HDD but that is only possible if i completely disconnect my SSD, just disablening the SSD from bios does not work , i have to mannually pull the connector from the SSD. So i cant really test if the SSD died or run diagnostics to it. Do you think there is somenting else i can try or the SSD is dead?

Solution
The set up is the the one under the question with a 500 gb 850 evo ssd. I just installed windows 10 on my HDD so i could use my pc , until now my HDD was only for storage. There is nothing other than the HDD on the disk management because i cant connect the ssd, whenever i connect it, even as a secondery or storage drive my pc does not boot. So its not possible to check the ssd in any way with this pc. Maybe if a had a sata to usb cable i could try it on my laptop
I looked at that list in your sig, and saw nothing mentioning an 850 EVO.
Hence, the question.

If your 850 EVO is 3 years old, it is still under warranty.
Free replacement.

Drives die. Not...

agis89

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
How is the system booting from the HDD?
Do you have an OS installed on both drives? If so, why?

Please give us a full parts list of this system.
And whatever screencap is possible of the Disk Management window.

The set up is the the one under the question with a 500 gb 850 evo ssd. I just installed windows 10 on my HDD so i could use my pc , until now my HDD was only for storage. There is nothing other than the HDD on the disk management because i cant connect the ssd, whenever i connect it, even as a secondery or storage drive my pc does not boot. So its not possible to check the ssd in any way with this pc. Maybe if a had a sata to usb cable i could try it on my laptop

USAFRet

Titan
Hence, the question.

Free replacement.

Drives die. Not often, but they do. Samsungs even less often.

Solution

agis89

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2013
Hence, the question.

Free replacement.

Drives die. Not often, but they do. Samsungs even less often.

Yeah unfortunately i think that's the case. It just died, i will test it tommorow again