Question After cleaning, PC turns on for about 10 seconds, then turns off again, repeating this indefinitely

Apr 9, 2019
Hi,
I have just cleaned my PC, and after that, it wouldn’t tuen on at all. Then, i discovered a loose cable which is reconnected. However, even after this, the computer only turns on for about 10 seconds, then off again, then on etc. I have tried resetting my CMOS to no avail, and removed/ moved around my RAM, but acheived no results. Any help would be much appreciated.

Hardware is
I5-4460 CPU
Coolermaster Hyper TX3i
Gigabyte GA-B85-HD3
FSP500-60HHN 500W PSU
GTX-750Ti 2GB GPU
2x 4GB sticks of Crucial 1600MHz RAM
1x1TB WD10EZEX Hard Drive
Running Windows 10
I haven’t had any issues in the 3 years since I bought this PC
Any help would be much appreciated

D

Deleted member 14196

explain in detail what a "cleaning" means? did you remove the cpu heatsink or cpu? etc. please describe what was done. sounds like a thermal issue, also, what did you use to clean it?

Apr 9, 2019
The cleaning was more about dust. I didn’t remove any thermal paste or anything, haven’t even removed my heatsink. Used a can of compressed air to clean out the dust. I’ve done it before, and I thought the dislodged cable was the issue, but my current issue is a new one.

D

Deleted member 14196

breadboard it. one stick of ram, cpu and igpu if you have it. that power supply looks suspect to me

Apr 9, 2019
Didnt work unfortunately. Something else i’ve noticed is that my bottom front fan isn’t working.

-update:
The cable for that fan was also unplugged. The issue is still ongoing as before

Last edited:
Apr 9, 2019
Ok, further update:

My PC now turns and stays on, but my monitor isnt working anymore. Any help with yet another problem would be very much appreciated.

Mandark52

Honorable
Jul 21, 2014
Ok, further update:

My PC now turns and stays on, but my monitor isnt working anymore. Any help with yet another problem would be very much appreciated.

Try connecting the monitor to the onboard graphics card to check whether it works without your external GPU. Are there any series of beeps or sound alerts during the boot process of your system?