Question After installing CPU cooler, pc is performing worse

Aug 27, 2020
So, I recently installed a Dark Rock Pro 4, and now my PC is performing worse. Temps are great, cinebench and userbench scores are above average; however, I am encountering fps issues in every game, some worse than others. I am fairly certain it is either GPU or motherboard related because, when reinstalling my gpu, one of the power connectors wasn't pushed in all the way when i turned my pc on causing it to freeze, and another time the pcie clip got stuck, but I was eventually able to push it back freeing my gpu. My installation wasn't the smoothest, but why is my computer performing so well in these benchmarks but not so much in games? The most notable is in Ori and the Will of the Wisps, which will have tons of frame drops and averages around 180 fps when it was easily above 230 before. All other games are below average by around 20 fps. I also just DDU my drivers, and then I reinstalled them. No surprise, pc still performs bad, even worse cause it keeps freezing even tho I ensured all connectors are plugged in.

Additionally, one of my ssds, which I have narrowed down to being the sata data cable keeps getting disconnected, but event viewer has given me a warning that Disks 1-10 have been surprised removed... I only have 4 disks. Is this just an issue caused by the one disk being surprised removed or is it more serious? Any help is greatly appreciated, I am pulling my hair out trying to solve this.

Specs are:

CPU: i5-9600k -

CPU Cooler: be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 -

GPU: Sapphire Radeon RX 5700 XT 8GB GDDR6 -

Motherboard: ASRock - Z370 Extreme4 -

RAM: Team - T-Force Delta RGB 16 GB DDR4-3000

PSU: Corsair - TXM Gold 550 W 80+ Gold Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

Aug 27, 2020
cpu/gpu temp during the game/benchmark?
Sorry for the late response but my GPU temps are around 75C and my CPU is around 53C during benchmarks and the games. I reinstalled windows and the drivers, and I updated the bios. However, the issue now is I have high cpu usage and low gpu usage. In benchmarks tho, the gpu usage goes to 100% but not in game. I reverted back to the previous bios, but the issue is still the same