[SOLVED] After overclocking my gpu, pc won’t boot and lights on mouse and keyboard do not light up

Rouzi

Prominent
Feb 24, 2019
Pc specs:
Gpu: Asus Rx 580 4gb
Cpu: Ryzen 5 2400g
Motherboard: Asus a320m
Ram: 8 gigs of Ddr4, 2x4

So basically after overclocking my gpu for a bit, I’ve decided to test it in Escape From Tarkov. Game crashed on loading screen and didn’t let me do anything. After a while it minimized but i was still getting the custom in game cursor and couldn’t access anything other than taskbar so i restarted the pc. After a bit i’ve noticed it’s not booting at all so yeah. Case fans, Cpu and gpu fans work. Same goes for hard drive which i can hear working. But monitor doesn’t show anything at all, mouse, keyboard and microphone have no lights on them as they usually do when i boot the pc. Can’t access the BIOS.

What I have tried:
-Removing CMOS battery from the motherboard and putting it back in after a while
-Replacing PSU
-Removing the Graphics card and connecting my monitor to a integrated one
-Holding both the power and restart button for a while
So problem’s not in either the GPU or PSU.
I’ve red somewhere that i could just change the CMOS battery on the motherboard but i’d like to ask you guys before buying anything myself.

Solution
Pc specs:

So basically after overclocking my gpu for a bit, I’ve decided to test it in Escape From Tarkov. Game crashed on loading screen and didn’t let me do anything. After a while it minimized but i was still getting the custom in game cursor and couldn’t access anything other than taskbar so i restarted the pc. After a bit i’ve noticed it’s not booting at all so yeah. Case fans, Cpu and gpu fans work. Same goes for hard drive which i can hear working. But monitor doesn’t show anything at all, mouse, keyboard and microphone have no lights on them as they usually do when i boot the pc. Can’t access the BIOS.

What I have tried:
-Removing CMOS...
May 20, 2020
Pc specs:

What I have tried:
-Removing CMOS battery from the motherboard and putting it back in after a while
-Replacing PSU
-Removing the Graphics card and connecting my monitor to a integrated one
-Holding both the power and restart button for a while
So problem’s not in either the GPU or PSU.
I’ve red somewhere that i could just change the CMOS battery on the motherboard but i’d like to ask you guys before buying anything myself.
Try swapping the CMOS battery like it said. I wouldn't recommend but if the GPU or PSU isn't the problem your CMOS may be messed up. Also, remember that overclocking isn't good. Sure, aslong as you know your tinkers it should be fine, but if your PC is slow just buy a new one.

Solution

TRENDING THREADS