Question After Power Outage, Internet Don't Work

Oct 25, 2018
Hello,

After an outage, my Internet stopped working. When I click the Internet icon, the computer is very slow to load. I cannot ping any website, and no connection is detected.
I built the computer long ago and remember nothing except that I didn't allow for Wifi, only a cord.
I bought a small USB Internet adapter and plugged it in, thinking it would give me Wifi, but still nothing happens.
I'm a little lost if anyone has some advice

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
Assuming you have a modem/router that takes in your incoming connection from the ISP, at the expense of sounding like a tech-support cliche....

Have you tried turning the modem/router off, waiting 30 seconds, then turning it back on?

I'm slightly unnerved by how often that works.

Oct 25, 2018
Heya,

My second computer which is always on works just fine. I tried switching cables, turning off the modem for a little while, and the USB plugin I tried isn't working to try Wifi. When I try and Troubleshoot the issue, it points at the "Diagnostic Policy Server" not working. I attempt to Repair but it's unable to resolve the issue.

Oct 25, 2018
I guess it's time to buy a new computer. Whenever I open the Network from the bottom right of the screen, it kinda freezes everything and takes a while to load up and say there are no connections.

What confuses me is why a Wifi USB isn't supplementing as a connection, but ah well. Good luck to anyone with this problem after a power outage.