in xp how d I disable the agp controler?i went into device manager and right
clicked the device and there is no option there to disable plz help cause i
cant install my ATI driver without it disabled funny huh?
--
zombone

Hi,

I have never heard of people having to disable their AGP controler to
install a graphics driver. You could go into your BIOS and make some changes
there (lower AGP speed/aperture) but first ... please post more information:

1. Operating sysm version (Home Professional, Service Pack)
2. System Information (CPU, motherboard, graphic card, memory ...)
3. What driver you are trying to install and how
4. Are you getting an error message ? (if yes please post)

Regards,

Tim

"zombonezombone" wrote:

> in xp how d I disable the agp controler?i went into device manager and right
> clicked the device and there is no option there to disable plz help cause i
> cant install my ATI driver without it disabled funny huh?
> --
> zombone

You do not disable the AGP controller, since you will never get any display
on the monitor.

"zombonezombone" <zombonezombone@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> in xp how d I disable the agp controler?i went into device manager and
> right
> clicked the device and there is no option there to disable plz help cause
> cant install my ATI driver without it disabled funny huh?
> --
> zombone

If you are referring to the "onboard video controller" that will be
explained in the manual for your motherboard. It maybe in the BIOS
setting or a jumper on the MB itself. Either way it's not a "Windows
"hardware" issue, but a "hardware setup" issue and resolved by reading
the documentation for your hardware.

zombonezombone wrote:

> in xp how d I disable the agp controler?i went into device manager and right
> clicked the device and there is no option there to disable plz help cause i
> cant install my ATI driver without it disabled funny huh?

Visit here for the "correct procedure" for updating your drivers. I do
believe there is no need to disable AGP.

www.ati.com

r.