[SOLVED] AGP Error with RTX 2070

NastNastNast

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017
I get an AGP error on my ROG STRIX RTX 2070 from my gigabyte b450m ds3h motherboard. One long beep, 3 short beeps. All the lights turn on, and the fans spin up but then turn off. GTX 1080ti works well on the same motherboard. Is there anything I should try before I bring it to an expert? Or if it's even worth my or the expert's time to bring it in? Thank you.
cpu: ryzen 5 2600x
psu: evga 650w
mobo: gigabyte b450m ds3h

Last edited:
Solution
Ok, perfect.

So, are you absolutely certain that it's one long beep and three short beeps, because all indications are that that specific error code pattern indicates a problem with the memory. And that doesn't make a lot of sense since you don't have the same problem, apparently, with a different graphics card.

I would highly recommend that you bench test the motherboard as outlined here:

NastNastNast

Reputable
Feb 15, 2017
What motherboard? What are the rest of your hardware specs including EXACT power supply model?

Where did you get the RTX 2070? Was it new or used?
I have had it for a few years and it worked great for gaming. I recently wanted to build a new system for my girfriend's adobe class and I tested it out but it's not working now.

Put the 1080 ti back in, power on, and find out EXACTLY who the BIOS manufacturer is. By that I mean whether it is Phoenix, American megatrends, AMI, etc.

That will allow us to actually know what the beeps are telling us because they all do it differently.

Ok, perfect.

So, are you absolutely certain that it's one long beep and three short beeps, because all indications are that that specific error code pattern indicates a problem with the memory. And that doesn't make a lot of sense since you don't have the same problem, apparently, with a different graphics card.

I would highly recommend that you bench test the motherboard as outlined here:

Solution