Question Ah! Computer freezing and crashing issues ?

May 13, 2021
I built a brand new computer about two months ago. And during those two months, I have had several issues.

Specs:
  • Ryzen 5 2600x w/ stock cooler
  • ASRock B450m Steel Legend (mATX, I don't know if that matters or not)
  • 2x8gb Trident Z RGB 3600 at 1.2v (For futureproofing)
  • XFX Rx590 Fatboy
  • Samsung 970 Evo 500gb
  • Sandisk 256gb SSD
  • 1tb 7200rpm Hard drive
  • Thermaltake Smart Pro RGB 650w 80+ Bronze
Over the time I have used it, I have gotten a crash, complete freeze, or even a BSOD (examples, KERNEL_LOCK_ENTRY_LEAKED_ON_THREAD_TERMINATION, or DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL) always being a different BSOD every time. And this ranges anywhere from 15 minutes-2 hours of using it. Then, there are times where everything works perfectly fine, and I have no issues at all except for the occasional overheating which is a known issue for this card. I'm waiting to either have enough money for another card, or until stock comes back and I can RMA it. Those times where it will crash, it will be everyday, for multiple days, and then like I said earlier, everything will be fine for a week or two.

Things I have tried to fix it:
  • Memtest86
  • Uninstalling and reinstalling all drivers with DDU
  • Checked drive health
  • Did all of the power plan stuff (performance mode, no fast startup, etc.)
  • Removed all overclocks
  • Disabled all of the unnecessary windows startup programs
  • sfc /scannow
All to no avail. I have not replaced or RMA'd any of the components because I am not in the current financial state to do so, neither have I done a clean install of Windows. BSODs are less common now than freezing. My CPU idles at about 50-54C while doing regular work (web browsing, documents, etc.) and GPU idles a little above that (about 55-57C again with regular work). And so I must ask, fine people of the internet, what are some suggestions you have that I could use to fix my issues?

Ralston18

Titan
My suggestions:

1) Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the times the problems occurred.

2) Run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

3) Power down, unplug, open the case. If necessary clean out dust and debris. However, more importantly, verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection on a new built so something that originally felt tight may not have been tight. Now due to heating/cooling expansion contraction something is loose.

You may need to carefully unplug/replug or unseat/reseat a few times to get a smooth firm connection.

4) Previous errors may have caused or contributed to file corruption. Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to make repairs.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

May 13, 2021
My suggestions:

1) Look in Reliability History for error codes, warnings, and even informational events that correspond to the times the problems occurred.

2) Run the built in Windows Troubleshooters. The trouble shooters may find and fix something.

3) Power down, unplug, open the case. If necessary clean out dust and debris. However, more importantly, verify by sight and feel that all connections, cards, RAM, and jumpers are fully and firmly in place. No one wants to force a connection on a new built so something that originally felt tight may not have been tight. Now due to heating/cooling expansion contraction something is loose.

You may need to carefully unplug/replug or unseat/reseat a few times to get a smooth firm connection.

4) Previous errors may have caused or contributed to file corruption. Run "sfc /scannow" and "dism" to make repairs.

References:

https://www.lifewire.com/how-to-use-sfc-scannow-to-repair-windows-system-files-2626161

https://www.howtogeek.com/222532/ho...-system-files-with-the-sfc-and-dism-commands/

Ok, I tried all of the solutions that you provided, and none of them have worked. I'm still having crashes and even chrome has started to crash as well.

May 13, 2021
I've done the tests on the psu and everything seems normal. I did look in reliability history for the windows crash I had yesterday and I got this problem signature.
Problem Event Name: LiveKernelEvent
Code: 141
Parameter 1: ffffcf82b3b8e010
Parameter 2: fffff807184121c0
Parameter 3: 0
Parameter 4: 1c94
OS version: 10_0_19042
Service Pack: 0_0
Product: 768_1
OS Version: 10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID: 1033

I believe that its a GPU hardware issue but I could be wrong.