Question Ai Suite 3 guide + cpu and fan speed anomaly.

Dec 13, 2022
Hi

I have a ryzen 5800x with asus tuf x570 plus motherboard and i noticed strange things. When i start playing then the speed of all fans starts rotating near maximum( thats not a problem) The problem is that when inside the game the fan speeds are constantly revs up and down like in every 15-20 seconds and it makes enormous amounts of noise because of that.
Is it beacuse my cpu overclocks and downclocks itself? I tried to solve the problem so i downloaded The Ai suite 3 and now its a lot more consistent but there is an option i do not understand. View: https://imgur.com/g6JlhO8
Here in the blue circlem, what does Fan Threshold mean? Its not the tempreture threshold its the rpm i think but what does it do?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the speed of all fans starts rotating near maximum( thats not a problem)
Might want to include the make and model of all the fans in your build/case and how they're tethered to your motherboard/build. Please add the orientation and placements of the fans with regards to the case. To add, please include the make and model of your case. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Your Asus AI Suite doesn't show you to have any profiles active, have you tried toggling between them to see if the fan's RPM is affected?

Is an AIO used in your build?

Dec 13, 2022
It means All in one and you refer to the pc cpu coller right? Sorry im not a native english speaker. But yes i use a corsair H100i as cpu cooler, and i got a be quiet! Pure base 500DX case.

382343477.corsair-hydro-series-h100i-v2-2x120mm-cw-9060025.jpg

In your picure of AI suite, there are question marks on the pictures of fan placement in the cases. Have you had AI suite identify each of the fans?
If I remember correctly from when I used it long ago, after identification, each fan in the pictures gets a name (that you can can edit) instead of a question mark. If they aren't identified, there's a risk AI suite hasn't started working, so BIOS is still in charge of fan control.

Dec 13, 2022
Sorry for the late response. Yes I did the indentification. But I managed to solve this problem. I set the fan speeds related to tempreture in the bios now its much more fluent. But i ran into another problem... my G.Skill trident rams are pretty unstable with my motherboard: Asus Tuf x570 plus... I got liek 3 MEMORY_MANAGEMENT stop code crashes... should i switch my rams?

Dec 13, 2022
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

the speed of all fans starts rotating near maximum( thats not a problem)
Might want to include the make and model of all the fans in your build/case and how they're tethered to your motherboard/build. Please add the orientation and placements of the fans with regards to the case. To add, please include the make and model of your case. BIOS version for your motherboard at this moment of time? Your Asus AI Suite doesn't show you to have any profiles active, have you tried toggling between them to see if the fan's RPM is affected?

Is an AIO used in your build?
Im using a be quiet pure base 500dx with its stock fans, yes i tried ai suite it did nothing, and i have the lates bios. But as i said in the previous comment i managed to solve the issue. But thanks for the answers regardless. :D

Hi

I have a ryzen 5800x with asus tuf x570 plus motherboard and i noticed strange things. When i start playing then the speed of all fans starts rotating near maximum( thats not a problem) The problem is that when inside the game the fan speeds are constantly revs up and down like in every 15-20 seconds and it makes enormous amounts of noise because of that.
Is it beacuse my cpu overclocks and downclocks itself? I tried to solve the problem so i downloaded The Ai suite 3 and now its a lot more consistent but there is an option i do not understand. View: https://imgur.com/g6JlhO8
Here in the blue circlem, what does Fan Threshold mean? Its not the tempreture threshold its the rpm i think but what does it do?
The part you have circled is just a warning signal; if your fan speed drops below that number it will change the color of the speed indicator to let you know the speed is below the target.

What you may want to do is change the fan spin up and down settings. If you click on the graph symbol in the picture, the following screen gives you access to the spin up and down settings. Generally you would want the fan spin up time to be set to the minimum to dissipate heat as quickly as it occurs and you would want the spin down time to be set to the maximum to decrease noise from the fans spinning down too rapidly.