GREGORY

Littl' FO (4y/o nephew -- aka Sonny Buck) was over last night..
and while cruising at FL350 there was plenty of time to go `AI
sightseeing'. The thing is... AI info is lacking the Field.. and
therefore makes it difficult to tune the TOWER to hear AI com.

http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/AI_takeoff.jpg (152k)

Any hints on AI field or tower info? using: AIView.dll

-Gregory

p.s. ever notice the splendid job heavy equipment
ops does in carving out those airfields. :)
what's that.. you want a crown in the
middle of the field?

Hi,

In the FS9.cfg file I turn on the "Flight Plan" choice in the Label
options. This will display the origin and destination of any AI planes
in the area.

Hope this helps,

Gregory wrote:
> Littl' FO (4y/o nephew -- aka Sonny Buck) was over last night..
> and while cruising at FL350 there was plenty of time to go `AI
> sightseeing'. The thing is... AI info is lacking the Field.. and
> therefore makes it difficult to tune the TOWER to hear AI com.
>
> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/AI_takeoff.jpg (152k)
>

> Any hints on AI field or tower info? using: AIView.dll
>

> -Gregory
>

> p.s. ever notice the splendid job heavy equipment
> ops does in carving out those airfields. :)
> what's that.. you want a crown in the
> middle of the field?

GREGORY

On Tue, 15 Mar 2005 10:56:28 -0800, Tom Gibson <noway@nohow.com>
brought the following to our attention:

>Hi,
>
>In the FS9.cfg file I turn on the "Flight Plan" choice in the Label
>options. This will display the origin and destination of any AI planes
>in the area.
>
>Hope this helps..

Hey Tom Gibson.. how ya' doin'!

will take a look at the Options. BTW what about range in miles?
does the tower cut out past.. let's say 60nm? If so is it measured
from the `user' flight.. or from the current camera location?

One guy started to display the radio signal level in a test gauge..
in RF power (dBm).

-Gregory

>Gregory wrote:
>> Littl' FO (4y/o nephew -- aka Sonny Buck) was over last night..
>> and while cruising at FL350 there was plenty of time to go `AI
>> sightseeing'. The thing is... AI info is lacking the Field.. and
>> therefore makes it difficult to tune the TOWER to hear AI com.
>>
>> http://home.comcast.net/~flightsim/AI_takeoff.jpg (152k)
>>

>> Any hints on AI field or tower info? using: AIView.dll
>>

>> -Gregory

Hi,

I have no idea what the tower's radio range is, but I guess you could
test that. :)

Take care,