mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Hi guys, built my pc yesterday with this Corsair H100 RGB Plat AIO but it doesn’t seem to be working. Can’t feel any vibrations and cpu (i9-9900k) is getting to 90c in about 10 mins. My case is a NZXT H510 Elite Mid.
the pump is plugged into a Sata extender
Plugged into cpu_fan but have tried other ports too, still shows N/A in bios.
the only thing I can think is that I’m using the case fans attached to the radiator instead of the aio and these fans are plugged into the fan controller in the case but maybe they HAVE to be plugged into the pump for the pump to run? But no clue why this would be the case?
Any help is much appreciated.

Last edited:
Okay, have you installed icue as it should show up in iCue and you can check the speed of the pump itself. As to the fans that should not be an issue. Double check all your connections again and make sure the SATA power is in properly on both ends. Also make sure the USB connection is on properly as well.

Reactions: Crosslhs82x2

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Okay, have you installed icue as it should show up in iCue and you can check the speed of the pump itself. As to the fans that should not be an issue. Double check all your connections again and make sure the SATA power is in properly on both ends. Also make sure the USB connection is on properly as well.
Only my ram shows in icue. Is there a specific USB port for it? I have plugged it into one on the mobo.

Only my ram shows in icue. Is there a specific USB port for it? I have plugged it into one on the mobo.

Okay, as to the USB connector, it does not matter just into any free USB header on your motherboard. Have you plugged the Pump into a free fan header like the CPU or CPU Opt header?

This video should help as it applies equally to you AIO and the pump connector to the fan header is at 3 minutes 40 seconds onwards.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTg2kW3ObCs

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Okay, as to the USB connector, it does not matter just into any free USB header on your motherboard. Have you plugged the Pump into a free fan header like the CPU or CPU Opt header?

This video should help as it applies equally to you AIO and the pump connector to the fan header is at 3 minutes 40 seconds onwards.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTg2kW3ObCs
Done all of this. Tried both those ports on the cpu for the pump but both show as n/a. The pump itself lights up. The Sata extender can plug into any 6 pin on the psu ?

Done all of this. Tried both those ports on the cpu for the pump but both show as n/a. The pump itself lights up. The Sata extender can plug into any 6 pin on the psu ?

The SATA connector has to connect to a SATA power connector that comes from the Power Supply...not a 6 pin but a specific Sata power connector. All Power Supplies should have this...apologies if you have already done this.

EDIT I get what you are saying on the 6 pin in that the SATA connectors come of the 6 pin on the PSU...PS what power supply are you using?

Also just to make sure...are you saying even at idle the CPU is running to 90 Degrees C....and have you re-installed the Pump block to make sure that it is on properly?

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
The SATA connector has to connect to a SATA power connector that comes from the Power Supply...not a 6 pin but a specific Sata power connector. All Power Supplies should have this...apologies if you have already done this.

EDIT I get what you are saying on the 6 pin in that the SATA connectors come of the 6 pin on the PSU...PS what power supply are you using?

Also just to make sure...are you saying even at idle the CPU is running to 90 Degrees C....and have you re-installed the Pump block to make sure that it is on properly?
Idle temps with <5% load it will reach about 85-93 after some time. If I do anything like a benchmark then it’ll shoot you to 93 and stay at about 90 even after it’s finished a while. I believe the pump can only be installed one way and don’t want to risk losing the pre applied paste as I’m not sure I have any spare. Psu is a Corsair AX760.

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014

View: https://imgur.com/a/p1XKcKF
For reference

Strange?
Ok there is another corsair program for coolers but you would lose rgb controls till you can contact corsair tech support.
That is corsair link 4 you could try uninstalling ique and install link 4 to try getting cooler functionality as that is more important at this time.

mumbo40

Honorable
Jan 31, 2014
Strange?
Ok there is another corsair program for coolers but you would lose rgb controls till you can contact corsair tech support.
That is corsair link 4 you could try uninstalling ique and install link 4 to try getting cooler functionality as that is more important at this time.
Also didn’t work aha. Feel like I might have to take it somewhere to be looked at

Where did you plug the fans in?
Hopefully on the y'd wire coming from the pump.
The small single wire is more or less a tach wire or the sense wire for fan rpms.
When hooked to my asus rog strix x470 f gaming cpu header it gives no reading in bios but when hooked to the cpu opt header it has the pump speed reading correct with corsair link 4.