[SOLVED] AIO not working properly ?

Mar 21, 2022
Hi, i hope everyone is doing good!

Recently i was noticing that my computer was getting hot, so i downloaded HWmonitor to see what my temps were, and i found out my CPU was hitting 50c - 60c while being IDLE and in Cinebench R20 85c - 90c and playing video games 66c - 73c doing some research and testing i managed to lower the temps to 44c - 53c IDLE, 80c -83c in Cinebench R20 and 63c -70c playing video games, undervolting the CPU and changing the power plan, but this doesn't end here.

AIO temps

I wanted to see what my temps were with the stock cooler and found out that while being IDLE the CPU was hitting 43c -50c (kinda the same) , 71c -74c in Cinebench R20 and playing video games 60c - 65c.

Stock cooler temps

At this point what i know is that my CPU is really hot just by default and that my AIO is damaged (probably), i tried changing the AIO fan curves and pump rpm and still the same temp values and i changed the thermal paste too just to make sure, if you have any suggestions please let me know and thank you very much.

just to clear out i have had this CPU and AIO for 2 years.

This are my specs:

CPU: Ryzen 5 3600
AIO Cooler: Corsair H150i RGB Pro XT
Case: Corsair spec omega (I Had 2 exhaust fans at the top + 1 exhaust in the back + the 3 AIO intake fans in the front of the case)

Colif

Win 11 Master
i have a ryzen 5 3600xt
AIO: H100i platinum 240mm rad

so you have 1 extra fan to me and a bigger rad and yet your idle is 50 to 60 in idle?

I get 38-48 at idle (Since ryzen never stay same temp for long)
I can't tell you cinebench as its been a while, but its not 90C

How much ventilation on front of that case? is that glass in front of fans?

I Had 2 exhaust fans at the top + 1 exhaust in the back + the 3 AIO intake fans in the front of the case)
what size fans are exhausts?

if they all 120, you had balanced air flow, as much in as out... its possible to do but most people go for more intakes or more exhausts. You say Had, did you remove any? With AIO you could have more exhausts if you want to. or if they fit.
I have 3 x 140 mm exhaust fans so hot air doesn't stay in PC very long.

do you use Icue? what fan plan is it running?

Mar 21, 2022
i have a ryzen 5 3600xt
AIO: H100i platinum 240mm rad

so you have 1 extra fan to me and a bigger rad and yet your idle is 50 to 60 in idle?

I get 38-48 at idle (Since ryzen never stay same temp for long)
I can't tell you cinebench as its been a while, but its not 90C

How much ventilation on front of that case? is that glass in front of fans?

what size fans are exhausts?

if they all 120, you had balanced air flow, as much in as out... its possible to do but most people go for more intakes or more exhausts. You say Had, did you remove any? With AIO you could have more exhausts if you want to. or if they fit.
I have 3 x 140 mm exhaust fans so hot air doesn't stay in PC very long.

do you use Icue? what fan plan is it running?

Hi, yes there is a plastic panel in front of the radiator I moved all my setup to a place where it could get more air but the temps are the same, I was using the three 120mm fans as intake for the radiator on front of the case and had other three 120mm fans for exhaust.

Some time ago I was using the quiet preset for the pump and the fans but recently I changed them all to balanced.

Colif

Win 11 Master
Hi, yes there is a plastic panel in front of the radiator I moved all my setup to a place where it could get more air but the temps are the same,

Do you mean you moved the radiator or the actual PC?

I wonder how much fresh air gets in through front of case, is the see through piece on front glass or mesh? i can't tell from website. looks like glass on this
he gets warm temps on liquid too but different AIO.

The only intake is the little triangle area at bottom of front. the front cover adds 9c to temps just by existing

if the AIO is only breathing in air mostly from inside case, its not getting any benefit from being intake. shame you can't put it in the roof. I looked

when you ran stock cooler, did you change the intakes around? I mean, the rad is normally intake but if you were running Air cooler, what was feeding it air?

what GPU do you have?

its a good case for reverse pressure but it only accepts 120mm fans so you can't over power the 3 on front. if you had a 240mm rad you could have put it in roof, depending what GPU you have as it being exhaust would mean it sux all the GPU heat in.

Last edited:

Colif

Win 11 Master
question:
What settings are you using in iCue for the pump and fans? Quite, balanced, performance? (Might have remembered the option names wrong)
Answer:
Some time ago I was using the quiet preset for the pump and the fans but recently I changed them all to balanced.

Only way the 2nd vide got lower temps was removing intake. which makes sense as it only works as reverse pressure. if he moved the intake to top and swapped to exhaust it might have worked better still.

Mar 21, 2022
Do you mean you moved the radiator or the actual PC?

I wonder how much fresh air gets in through front of case, is the see through piece on front glass or mesh? i can't tell from website. looks like glass on this
he gets warm temps on liquid too but different AIO.

The only intake is the little triangle area at bottom of front. the front cover adds 9c to temps just by existing

if the AIO is only breathing in air mostly from inside case, its not getting any benefit from being intake. shame you can't put it in the roof. I looked

when you ran stock cooler, did you change the intakes around? I mean, the rad is normally intake but if you were running Air cooler, what was feeding it air?

what GPU do you have?

its a good case for reverse pressure but it only accepts 120mm fans so you can't over power the 3 on front. if you had a 240mm rad you could have put it in roof, depending what GPU you have as it being exhaust would mean it sux all the GPU heat in.

Hi, for the first question i moved the actual pc but i tried moving the radiator too simulating a roof config doing some open testing outside the case but unfortunately the temps were kinda the same

For the second question for the stock cooler i kept the same fan config (3 intakes in the front , 2 exhaust at top and 1 exhaust on the back) with some old fans that i have

And i have a 2070 super strix,

Doing some more research, i think some of the liquid inside the AIO could be evaporated due to the vertical mounting of the radiator and the low air intake that this case gets from the front after this 2 years, because when i move around the radiator and the pump i can hear a little bit of the water meaning the could be air inside the pump.

I m thinking of trying to fill the water and get the air out of the AIO, to see if that could work, what do you think about it?

Mar 21, 2022
What settings are you using in iCue for the pump and fans? Quite, balanced, performance? (Might have remembered the option names wrong)
I was using before the quiet setting, but when i realized that i was having this issue i switched to the balanced setting to see if there were any changes on the temps but the temps were the same.

Colif

Win 11 Master
I don't think you can refill Corsair AIO.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-PRO-RGB-Liquid-CPU-Coolers/p/CW-9060031-WW#tab-tech-specs

what are ambient temps there? If its summer there, you might not get the same temps.
in Icue, what liquid temps do you get? mine hovers between 29 and 33c for the entire year, CPU idles between 36 at lowest to about 44 in summer. thats running fans on quiet and pump on balanced.**

there is a fair gap between plastic front and frame of PC, but I guess it depends on if fans are mounted inside frame or outside.
Shame entire case has no filters (it might, videos I watched seemed to contradict)

** I only track one temp value in HWINFO - Core temps. Which is an average of all core temps, and rounds out the scores to ignore the fact a core is always boosting to 48c and dropping back to 38c before doing it again. It makes the temp scores more constant. Ryzen CPU always moving temps on all cores, but at least I can tell what most of CPU is doing.

Reactions: Zengo1K
Hi
Don't try to fill the unit.
If the h150i is less then 5yrs old then contact Corsair Support to start a Rma.
Hopefully you still have the stock cooler as I do not believe corsair cross ships.

It was about 13 days from starting the rma process and shipping it out to recieving it back on a h100iv2 that I had, that I think had permeated.

That would atleast get a new cooler, but you would still be possibly looking at the same situation over time again as your case pretty much looks like there isn't much choice but to have the cooler mounted tubes up,
Unless you can remove the hdd cage for tubes down mounting witch would be best.

Mar 21, 2022
I don't think you can refill Corsair AIO.

https://www.corsair.com/us/en/Categories/Products/Liquid-Cooling/Hydro-Series™-PRO-RGB-Liquid-CPU-Coolers/p/CW-9060031-WW#tab-tech-specs

what are ambient temps there? If its summer there, you might not get the same temps.
in Icue, what liquid temps do you get? mine hovers between 29 and 33c for the entire year, CPU idles between 36 at lowest to about 44 in summer. thats running fans on quiet and pump on balanced.**

there is a fair gap between plastic front and frame of PC, but I guess it depends on if fans are mounted inside frame or outside.
Shame entire case has no filters (it might, videos I watched seemed to contradict)

** I only track one temp value in HWINFO - Core temps. Which is an average of all core temps, and rounds out the scores to ignore the fact a core is always boosting to 48c and dropping back to 38c before doing it again. It makes the temp scores more constant. Ryzen CPU always moving temps on all cores, but at least I can tell what most of CPU is doing.

Hi everyone i managed to solve the problem, it was in fact the coolant inside the AIO, at the end i took out all the liquid inside the AIO, the liquid that went out had some dirt in it (im not sure what it could be) and was darker than the usual yellow that you can see in watercooled systems, then i rinsed the radiator with some of the new coolant, took it out and with patience managed to fill the AIO.

Right now im getting 38 - 40 c while IDLE and 54- 55c in Cinebench R20, at first i was thinking about applying for the warranty, but the thing is that i don't live in the US and it is really expensive here to send international packing.

For those who could be interested i followed this video:

Thanks to everyone who tried to help me, im going to follow the recommendation about the case, and im going to buy a new one with better airflow to prevent damaging again the AIO or any part of the PC.

Reactions: Colif